For Sale - Quest 559 3.0

lhill409

photo%201(1).JPG

Selling my newly purchased Quest 559 3.0. Less than 100 miles on it. Asking $1450 (OBO) plus shipping. I live near Seattle WA.

Gromit

Guru
Return the Quest to Cruzbike?

Couldn't you return the Quest to Cruzbike for a refund?
http://cruzbike.com/faq#t44n2798

BTW Looking at your picture, I would recommend that you move the seat base all the way forward on the frame and then extend the TFT's leg length and give it one more try.
regular_smile.gif

hurri47

uh, why?

"I would recommend that you move the seat base all the way forward on the frame and then extend the TFT's leg length and give it one more try."

One of the great things about the Quest is how low you can get the seat pan. Why mess with that? What am I missing?

-Dan

lhill409

Quest 3.0

It's not the seat pan it is my shoulder, neck and back that still experiences a high level of pain. (thanks for the advice though) I was hoping that this would be the bike to use for longer distance rides but it seems not to be. I would love to return it back to where I bought it but they said they would not give me a refund, even if it was within 30 days. =-( In hindsight, I wish I was a little more patient and would have just ordered it from Cruzbike directly so that I had the 30 day guarantee.

thanks again.

Jeremy S

Dude
While we're critiquing the

While we're critiquing the photo, the handlebar position doesn't look very comfortable to me. My Sofrider handlebars pointed almost straight down, whereas these are swept almost straight back.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Those handlebars - turned

Those handlebars - turned that far backwards I would not be surprised that there is some neck paid - your arms and shoulders cannot be in a natural position with them that way.

Best bet: Loosen the handlebar clamp just a bit and let those bars rotate down. Sit on the bike and hold the bars rotated until your wrists, etc are in a neutral and natural position. Tighten the handlebar clamp.

I would wager that if you did this your riding experience would change quite a bit.

Robert

1happyreader

zen/child method
handlebars pointed almost straight down

1+ on changing the handlebar position,,, it looks painful in the pic.

Gromit

Guru
Lorine (lhill409)
The reason

Lorine (lhill409)

The reason that I suggested moving the seat pan forward and extending the TFT is to get your arms into a less extended position and IMHO, having more of your legs in front of the steering head will improve stability a bit too. Your TFT is almost at its shortest setting.
Again IMHO, the seat on my Quest 3.0 is one of the bike's worst features. I'm seriously considering changing the seat for one of those Euro-style carbon seats with a Ventisit seat pad. Like the one on Rick Youngblood's Silvio, in the first post of this thread.