For Sale: Silvio 2.1 with Carbon Wheels and Shimano Di2 (yes that Silvio)

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
For Sale Silvio 2.1 aka S29 (a very famous one)

This decision was tough, but the new project diary is turning into multiple projects and needs more funds. To make that a reality, I'm selling my Silvio 2.1. This is the bike that started this Cruzbike journey of mine with the Bentrider Build Journal. More pre - Cruzbike buyers may have looked at this bike than any other Silvio, with that thread at over 27k when abandoned. She's heavily optimized and a joy to ride. Amazingly she's relatively low mileage because she was the gateway drug to 16 follow-on Cruzbikes and I think I was updating her more than riding her.

$3000 pick in Austin Tx, or pay for shipping via a shipbikes.com box; the buyer pays for the box and shipping; I've done it before, protecting the Di2 wires at the handlebars will be the tricky part without taking everything apart.

That's only $50 more than an S40 frameset, and you get everything below.

The Details:

The Frame Silvio 2.1 with the 29-degree recline, The final rev before the S30 was released.

The Boom: Orginal skinny boom,
The boom has been cut to allow internal wiring. See pics;
The boom has been shortened. The Max X-Seam is 45-46 inches, maintaining the minimum 110mm insert for boom strength.
If you have long arms, you could relocate the DI2 control box and get it up to 48-49 inches, but you should chat with me about that.

Front fort: Orginal Shock fork. Shock is disabled via a hose clamp but can be re-enabled in seconds.
Still have the shock pump, and it works.

Chain Stay: upgraded to a Modern off-bb-cup long vendetta chain stay see pics
(This is the post-RAMM version of the channel stay that can take 30mm BB) .
This takes the ride to the next level.

The Seat: Traditional Seat Pan with Ventisit Pads for both the seat Pan and the Neck Rest
The neck rest is the one that I design with Ventisit (don't ask how many iterations)

Group Set: Ultegra Di2; Mid Range Deraiullar, Front AutoTrim Derailaur, and Ultegra Rim Brakes.
The battery is installed inside the boom, and the charger is obviously included.
Right brifter has road rash; this group set came from my Yellow Vendetta 2, that bike took a slide down the road and that's the vestiges.
Left brifter tiny wear spot from leaning on the wall
The Silvio has never crashed; Couple of close calls, but always upright.

Crankset: SRAM Apex 24mm GXP 150mm custom cranks.

Bottom Bracket: Angular Bearing 24mm BB Bracket

Rings: QRings 52/36

Cassette: Ultegra CS8900 - 11/32 11sp.

Cabling: Jagwire Metal Link

Wheel: Reynolds Assault Carbon 41mm's
Front wheel custom built with DTSwiss 240 Hubs for speed and because the Reynolds one was stupid loud.
Wheels were custom-built by wheelbuilder.com

Tires: Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless Tires, brand new

Brand new Hood Covers and Lizardskins bar tape

Go Pro mount on the nose of the boom.

IMG_0541.jpegIMG_0542.jpegIMG_0543.jpegIMG_0544.jpegIMG_0545.jpegIMG_0546.jpegIMG_0547.jpegIMG_0548.jpegIMG_0549.jpegIMG_0550.jpeg

Edited for clarification on x-seam.

Last edited:

ratz

I should probably watch my snarky humor.

When you put one of these bikes in a shipping box, you must remove the handlebars and disconnect the boom from the fork. The handlebars then rotate 90 degrees, and you shrink-wrap it all together. I have done that several times on other bikes. The Di2 wires on this bike are all internally routed at the handlebar boom area. Since the Di2 wires are super skinny, that means I will have to be careful and design packing to protect them. I can take it apart more deeply, but that slows down the setup for the receiver, and that isn't in support of the new toy on the porch I want to ride.

I'll probably look up the photos of how I did it last time.

As for using the Di2, that's so simple it's sick; you program them via a laptop and a USB cable. Once they are correct, pretty much never change them. Once the buyer sets the boom length they might have to do that one time and they can get me on Zoom if they are intimidated. IMHO, Di2 is better than SRAM Wireless, I use SRAM Wireless on a bike that I constantly move parts on and off of; DI2 for the stable bikes is less work and more reliable.

I do have a special tool I made from a brake cable and a cable end for pulling di2 cables through frames; that way if a wire gets damaged the new owner will have a simple time running the new wire.

macg4d1g

This bike looks spectacular! Appears practically brand new! I have failed to pull the trigger on my first Cruzbike, struggling with the decision between the S4O and V20. This seems the perfect recline and answer to my dilemma. Alas, at 6'3", I'm apparently too tall. Best of luck with the sale. This will make someone an excellent ride.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Ratz - the only real place for this is the Cruzeum - Maybe I should do a crowd fund and see if I can raise the $

Bentsoup

Unicorn Retriever
For Sale Silvio 2.1 aka S29 (a very famous one)

This decision was tough, but the new project diary is turning into multiple projects and needs more funds. To make that a reality, I'm selling my Silvio 2.1. This is the bike that started this Cruzbike journey of mine with the Bentrider Build Journal. More pre - Cruzbike buyers may have looked at this bike than any other Silvio, with that thread at over 27k when abandoned. She's heavily optimized and a joy to ride. Amazingly she's relatively low mileage because she was the gateway drug to 16 follow-on Cruzbikes and I think I was updating her more than riding her.

$3000 pick in Austin Tx, or pay for shipping via a shipbikes.com box; the buyer pays for the box and shipping; I've done it before, and I'm sure Di2 will be tricky but possible. That's only $50 more than an S40 frameset, and you get everything below.

The Details:

The Frame Silvio 2.1 with the 29-degree recline, The final rev before the S30 was released.

The Boom: Orginal skinny boom,
Boom has been cut to allow internal wiring see pics;
Boom has shortened people over 6'2" should look elsewhere (I'm 5'10")

Front fort: Orginal Shock fork. Shock is currently disabled via a hose clamp but can be re-enabled in seconds.
Still have the shock pump, and it works.

Chain Stay: upgraded to a Modern off-bb-cup long vendetta chain stay see pics
(This is the post-RAMM version of the channel stay that can take 30mm BB) .
This takes the ride to the next level.

The Seat: Traditional Seat Pan with Ventisit Pads for both the seat Pan and the Neck Rest
The neck rest is the one that I design with Ventisit (don't ask how many iterations)

Group Set: Ultegra Di2; Mid Range Deraiullar, Front AutoTrim Derailaur, and Ultegra Rim Brakes.
The battery is installed inside the boom, and the charger is obviously included.
Right brifter has road rash; this group set came from my Yellow Vendetta 2, that bike took a slide down the road and that's the vestiges.
Left brifter tiny wear spot from leaning on the wall
The Silvio has never crashed; Couple of close calls, but always upright.

Crankset: SRAM Apex 24mm GXP 150mm custom cranks.

Bottom Bracket: Angular Bearing 24mm BB Bracket

Rings: QRings 52/36

Cassette: Ultegra CS8900 - 11/32 11sp.

Cabling: Jagwire Metal Link

Wheel: Reynolds Assault Carbon 41mm's
Front wheel custom built with DTSwiss 240 Hubs for speed and because the Reynolds one was stupid loud.
Wheels were custom-built by wheelbuilder.com

Tires: Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless Tires, brand new

Brand new Hood Covers and Lizardskins bar tape

Go Pro mount on the nose of the boom.

View attachment 15267View attachment 15268View attachment 15269View attachment 15270View attachment 15271View attachment 15272View attachment 15273View attachment 15274View attachment 15275View attachment 15276
If you can guarantee that I'll be a fast or faster than I am in the V20, I'll sell the V20 and buy this. :p:emoji_joy:

ratz

If you can guarantee that I'll be a fast or faster than I am in the V20, I'll sell the V20 and buy this. :p
You might not be faster, but you may be famous-er on the famous
Not faster but more popular for sure; the The S29/30 angle means DF's can draft off you if they can catch your wheel and you sit up. I've done group rideson the Silvio, (pre covid) and when it's my turn to pull, I just sit up and go hard like it's a hill. When it's not my turn on the front this bike isn't disruptive in the pack. With the V20 you have stay and the back and then rocket to the front when it's your turn because if you are in the middle, you do mess up the draft. Helps if your wheels are less aero so you are less slipper; or wear baggy jerseys. Then the only thing you do differently is to brake on the downhill so you aren't a mile ahead, and tell them not to worry about dropping you on the climbs because you'll catch back up. If it's rollers get permission to drive down and let them pass you on the climb and try and slot in on the end.

ratz

Ratz - the only real place for this is the Cruzeum - Maybe I should do a crowd fund and see if I can raise the $
It's definitely a piece of history. I still have the original dual water bottle prototype that Steve made for me; which became the current product we all use, I still use the prototype because it works, so why buy one (I have like 3) Perez clamp #4 is already on that bike. I wonder if the original carbon chainstay is in the garage. I should really give the buyer all the historical items so they stay together. Larry I think you have the original BullHorns I put on this bike. Those spawn that thread (which hasn't died yet). I will be adding to that with some carbon bars due in the door any day. The 52Qring from the qrings Ahhhhhh thread is also here; just not installed on the bike

Flying Dutchman

What a beauty. If I lived anywhere near I would come and visit for a test ride and most likely seal the deal. Good luck with the sale, hope she gets a deserved new home.

ratz

I took the bike apart to verify the boom length since I did that mode so many years ago.

The bike can be configured for a maximum x-seam of 46 inches
The length maintains the 110mm overlap required to make the boom as stiff as possible
(we computed that around here eons ago. Don't ask me how long it took to find that thread).

This was computed using the included 150mm cranks. Bring the cranks up to 165mm, and you could do 47 x-seam.
I was riding it at a 38-inch x-seam as measured like this:

The real problem I had forgotten was the length of the di2 wires; I had cobbled together short ones due to an inventory shortage way back when. I've ordered the one long wire needed to make the bike adjustable through the full range and will ship it reconfigured to allow that.

NICHOLAS MOHAT

Hi;

Is this bike still for sale? I'm presently riding a Bachetta CA 2.0 and am wondering if this could
be an upgrade....pls text Nick @ 501-258-1450. I live in San Antonio so I'll be able to see the bike

thanks

ratz

Hi Gkuch,

Sorry for the delay; year end was a bit all-consuming.

The bike is still available for sale.

aberezin

I might be interested. Live in SF (Lived in Austin many yrs). 5"4 140lb and ride a carbon road bike and gravel. Would be my first recumbent. Thought about a doing a custom build of a V20c bc I cant live without electronic shift. x-seam is 99cm . Would it fit me?