Frame pack bag for Q45

Gromit

Guru
The Ice Trikes Neck Rest - Air Pro works well on Thor Seats. Very well made. Unlike a lot of more cheaply made neck rests it doesn't sag. Lots of adjustment too.
I had one on another make of recumbent bike which had a Thor seat.
I haven't tried Thor Seats' own neck rest, it wasn't available at the time which I ordered my seat from them.
BTW Air Pro is the name of the Ice Trikes seat onto which it attaches.
Mounting tip for the Ice Trikes Neck Rest - Air Pro: Make sure that its bracket is fitted close to the top edge of the Thor Seat otherwise the amount that it will tip forward towards your neck is reduced as the sliding frame part will contact the back of the seat at the top edge.

Last edited:
I have converted a couple of trader joes freezer bags into underseat panniers as shown in the images. I sewed some webbing near the front of each pannier. The webbing loops over the frame in front of where the seat is attached to the frame. The back of each pannier is attached by webbing to a foot long piece of pvc pipe which runs perpendicular to the frame and is in turn held in place by a handlebar stem which is attached to the part of the frame which supports the seat back. A couple of pieces of old inner tube on the ends of the pic pipe prevent the panniers from sliding off. I have attached an old detergent bottle to the kickstand mount to prevent the panniers from rubbing against the rear wheel. I do all of my grocery shopping with this set up and also toured successfully from Spokane, Washington to Nelson, British Columbia and back a year and a half ago.
The bags are water proof except for the zipper so that when it rained, water collected inside. I made an additional cover to overlap the zippers from some old mylar (not shown) which I think keeps the water out when it rains, although I haven't had much rain since I made that improvement.
Are you still in Spokane, Wa?