Free Hub Compatibility v20c

cruzKurt

I am attempting to convert my v20c to a 1x12 drive train. I have all the components and today discovered that the cassette that I have will not mount on the freehub on my wheel.

My question is this, can I just change the free hub on my wheel or what is required to get this XD compatible only cassette to work with my wheels.

I feel like an idiot sometimes with these projects, I thought I had a good handle on what I needed, now not sure.

Below are the pictures of my wheel and the cassette I want to use.IMG_2487.JPGIMG_2488.JPGIMG_2489.JPG

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
12-speed Ultegra 8100 Cassette works with AXS. I know there is an 11-30t and an 11-34t. I don't think it is possible to put an XD driver on a wheel that has a Shimano free hub, the axles are different.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
It usually depends on the hub brand. Most big name hub brands, like DT Swiss, i-9, Chris King, Bitex, offer various cassette bodies compatible with their hubs to convert from one platform to another. Lesser known, usually budget hub makers...not so much. I looked your hub up, and found that Boyd Wheels uses them. They offer a Sram XDR cassette body for $75.00 (see link below). The XDR (for road) is the same as the XD (for mountain), except that it is a little longer. If I remember right, you can put an XD cassette on an XDR cassette body by using a small spacer to take up the added length. I'll let you look that up. Many cassette bodies are easy to swap, as they simply pull off of the hub body, and push back in, usually with a counterclockwise twist to allow the pawls to settle into the hub body.

I hope this helps.

cruzKurt

It usually depends on the hub brand. Most big name hub brands, like DT Swiss, i-9, Chris King, Bitex, offer various cassette bodies compatible with their hubs to convert from one platform to another. Lesser known, usually budget hub makers...not so much. I looked your hub up, and found that Boyd Wheels uses them. They offer a Sram XDR cassette body for $75.00 (see link below). The XDR (for road) is the same as the XD (for mountain), except that it is a little longer. If I remember right, you can put an XD cassette on an XDR cassette body by using a small spacer to take up the added length. I'll let you look that up. Many cassette bodies are easy to swap, as they simply pull off of the hub body, and push back in, usually with a counterclockwise twist to allow the pawls to settle into the hub body.

I hope this helps.
Thanks, you are spot on, these are Boyd wheels.