Freerider for sale

I stopped by Saturday to get a bike computer for my son's bike and saw the Freerider sitting in front. On a whim, I took it for a curiosity ride in the parking lot. "Whoa! That's a weird bike!", I thought.
Sunday I came back and bought it after a longer test-ride. :D

I'm really enjoying it - I've got a lot of 'bent time, mostly in trikes, but this is a whole new thing.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Whole new thing indeed. For people for whom a recumbent is too normal. Only those who have a normal recumbent realize how weird a Cruzbike is. Only those who have a Cruzbike think a normal recumbent is normal.

Tuloose

Guru
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did Jeremy. I purchased it 3 years ago from a man in Albany along with his Silvio 1.0.
It still has the original tires so probably doesn't have more than a couple thousand miles on it.
I now have a T50 along with the Silvio and a Vendetta.
I'm sorry I wasn't in the shop when you made the purchase. I volunteer there on weekdays.
Bruce Martin

I'm having a blast so far!

I live a few houses down from the co-op - I'll try to catch you there soon and check in

The Freerider is a friendly bike - we'll see how long it holds up as my only cruzbike. For now, it's displaced my Catrike for rec/fitness riding.

Tuloose

Guru
Jeremy,
Prior to the Freerider my townie/shopping bike was a Trek Soho.
That was a nice bike - aluminum frame, 8 spd internal gear hub and carbon belt drive but I found the Freerider to just be so much more fun (gotta love swooping through turns with those wide ape hanger bars) plus it was faster and more comfortable so I sold the Soho.
Really, the only drawback to the Freerider I found was the weight & clunkiness of the suspension.
I don't know why early Cruzbike decided to lard up a simple casual bike by adding dual suspension.
It might make some sense on a mountain bike but a Cruzbike would be the last bike anyone would want for steep dirt trails due to the inherent front wheel slippage of FWD.
But, I'll admit, it does take a slight edge off the potholes on north 11th St :D

I look forward to meeting you sometime.
You & I are now this town's Cruzbike Tribe ;)

Last edited: