Front wheel / On & Off

COBRA GT

I have to repair a flat on the front wheel. Is it me or is taking wheel off and on difficult to do ? Thanx for any tips.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Ain't Nothing But a Thing

You have to pull the skewer out at least far enough to clear the wheel. Personally, I like to pull it all the way out and let the derailleur and hanger flop around on the end of the cable. It really trips roadies out. To make things easy, I flip the bike upside down, so it rests on the seat back and the handlebars. Once you've done it a few times, it's a snap.

Mark

mickjordan

SECONDED

I initially had a lot of issues with the front wheel setup owing to the way it is locked in by the skewer unlike regular bike. However, I've switched my wheels enough times now that's it's become easy. I absolutely second Mark's suggstion of flipping the bike. That front-end is real heavy and it's so much easier to work with when it's anchored by the handlebars.

Mick

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
For What it's Worth

I also run my skewer in from the derailleur side.. Originally, I did this so I could pull it out just far enough to clear the wheel and keep the derailleur hanger in place. Now, I do it just because it trips roadies out to see the QR lever on the "wrong" side. The theme here? I love to trip out roadies.

Mark