Full face helmet ideas needed

Need to find a good full face helmet for riding in the winter. Cant find any good ones that are not motorcycle helmets. Anyone have ideas?

Beano

Why do you need a full face helmet? If it's to keep the bottom half of your face/neck warm because it is winter wear a buff or snood.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Taking the idea of magnets in the helmet and on a shield from the Giro Air Attack helmet, I did something similar with a Limar helmet with lenses I found in some ski shops, online and even an Air Attack lense. None of those are full face shields but I did find a full face shield from a motorcycle helmet in a Donki (Japans version of Walmart) that might work. It fits really snug up to my face so I’m worried about fogging but that is an idea for you to try.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
faceShield.jpg

It leaves everyone speechless but works well unless it's too cold and then it fogs up. I've been told that shaving foam works well to keep the condensation away. Aliexpress special... not sure about the plastic if you were in a smash not sure how it reacts but it keeps all the insects off me in the summer. As I plough through the air there is a pressure wave that forces the insects over your body and head. Difficulty is with drinking. Tubes are OK but bottles not.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
View attachment 14145

It leaves everyone speechless but works well unless it's too cold and then it fogs up. I've been told that shaving foam works well to keep the condensation away. Aliexpress special... not sure about the plastic if you were in a smash not sure how it reacts but it keeps all the insects off me in the summer. As I plough through the air there is a pressure wave that forces the insects over your body and head. Difficulty is with drinking. Tubes are OK but bottles not.
The face shield I saw at Donki is similar to that one, but comes to a smaller point at the chin. It is just clear plastic though. On the original helmet it flips up by way of a small ratchet system that I hope to be able to install on my Limar.

Another option is a paragliding helmet such as from Icaro.

The Brook

I prefer Ski Goggles with Balaclava for Cold weather (up to -10C) below that, it's too cold for my feet, and I have trouble breathing air that cold