Garage sale, too many bikes!

Sactojeff

For Sale: Sofrider V1, many upgrades, Sram 18 speed drive train ,Velocity Thracian wheelset, RPM compact cranks, platform/SPD pedals, Volae handlebars,
650.00$ + shipping, I live in Sacramento, CA
Bikepics2007006.jpg

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
I really like this bike. Sactojeff, you have done a great job on a handle bar set up that is somewhere between a freerider and sofrider, it give an almost aggresive look. Visually I like the handlebars to be low and considering the ergonomic constraints to be accommodated, this approach does that pretty well.

Sactojeff

Thanks john,

I started out with an underseat steering recumbent, but since trying the tweener bar setup on a Bacchetta, I prefer this setup on all my recumbents now, I'm suprised no one has gone this route with the Silvio, but to each his own!

Would love to build up a Silvio, but the buget won't allow that right now, great bike that Silvio, can't wait for an all Carbon fiber version !!

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Sactojeff wrote: Thanks john,

I started out with an underseat steering recumbent, but since trying the tweener bar setup on a Bacchetta, I prefer this setup on all my recumbents now, I'm suprised no one has gone this route with the Silvio, but to each his own!

Would love to build up a Silvio, but the buget won't allow that right now, great bike that Silvio, can't wait for an all Carbon fiber version !!

I was the opposite. I never really liked the tweener bar too much. I love the Origin 8 bars on the Silvio, though. I'm anxious for the CF Silvio, too. Then, I can put my current Silvio to commuting duty!

Mark

Kamatu

Mark B wrote: I was the opposite. I never really liked the tweener bar too much. I love the Origin 8 bars on the Silvio, though. I'm anxious for the CF Silvio, too. Then, I can put my current Silvio to commuting duty!
Mark

Weirdly enough, I like the stock Tiara bar. Almost straight. I'm fairly sure I'll like one of the wider ones better, but it just so happens that after redoing the seat and adjusting a little, the grips are almost at what I've read is the most comfortable position, with the wrists just over them. Of course, it might be that anything would do right now since I'm running around singing Queen.

jlentz

Hi, Sactojeff

Looks like the bike is set up more for street than dirt. Anyway, I'm interested- any particular issues, idiosyncrasies, or disclosures you have?

Also, I live in Massachusetts. Assuming no issues, how would we do the exchange?

Thanks.
John

Sactojeff

OK, here's version 2 with more conventional bars / knees in front of bars setup... not too many folks liked the wide bar version
still for sale!! Prefer local buyer, PM for details, New Price $ 550.00
Giro2008010.jpg

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Sactojeff wrote: OK, here's version 2 with more conventional bars / knees in front of bars setup... not too many folks liked the wide bar version
still for sale!! Prefer local buyer, PM for details, New Price $ 550.00

This is probably the nicest Sofrider V1 on the planet, my hotrodded V1 Prototype included in the comparison.

At $550, this is a steal. If I didn't have 12 bikes in the garage I'd buy it myself. The SRAM drivetrain parts work REALLY well on this frame, and the wheels are the defacto recumbent standard.

With gas at $5.50, this is a great way to get around.

Best,