Get your light mount on!

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
Whst a coincidence! I was just experimenting last night with a way to mount my light there to get it out of my sight line. Kool.

jond

Zen MBB Master
yes depending on your cycle shoes colour the flashback of pedalling feet can be tiring distracting and annoying to your eyes on a long ride. it also ruins some of your night vision and interferes with the light pattern.

i have used the topeak bar xtender in the same location to solve the problem.............

.....but the cruzbike solution is far far more elegant. be nice to get some reach dimensions so i can check that my lighting clears the frame. b&m battery lights.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
In addition to the stock tab, check out our new chainstay light mount:

http://cruzbike.com/light-mount

This thing is super sturdy, looks trick, and adds another place to mount a light to your V.

Robert

Order placed via the link, but interesting that this does not show up on the products/accessories page just yet. Any chance that the attachment pole that fits on the headrest cage mount is available and just not showing up on the products page?

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
It would be nice to have officially supported mudguards for V20. Some that can be fitted with 28mm tires.

Bill K

Guru
It would be nice to have officially supported mudguards for V20. Some that can be fitted with 28mm tires.
Snilard, you may be interested in this:
I have a new V20 (2 months old) with disc brakes. As an experiment I put my Bacchetta 26" wheels on it with fenders.
It fits 26 x 1.5 tires (37 - 559).
The fenders I put on it are Planet Bike SpeedEX XL (700c x 45mm). They are held on by thick rubber bands and two bolts on the front wheel.
I can take the fenders off and put on my 700c x 25 wheels in less than five minutes.

I installed the fenders last weekend and rode it to work yesterday (60 miles round trip). It didn't rain but the streets were wet with many puddles. So far I am happy with them. No rattles and no brown stripe on my helmet!

Bill

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I pretty sure the Crud Racers will fit with at least 25mm; I've got a set left for my Silvio that I should really test out.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
I pretty sure the Crud Racers will fit with at least 25mm; I've got a set left for my Silvio that I should really test out.
Crud Racers works on front wheel with 25 mm tire without any problem, only two more holes are needed to fix it to chainstay bridge in the front. But on the rear it does not work out of box, I had to turn stays inside out to clear rim and still it is pointing little bit to one side as one stay is mounted on tube and another on on disk brake calliper mount.
For 28 mm tire I think that booth mudguards will need some tweeking (I have ordered 28 mm Pro One). On the front wheel It will need some fixation on the back side of the fork cown. At front of crown mudguard is fixed to brake bolt, there is enought clearance, but on the back it will need more space. On the back wheel I am not sure that there is enought space to clear brake bridges, I will test it.

I think that there are a lot of V riders who don't need to ride century under 4 hours but ride in every weather so mudguards are need.

EDIT: I will do some photos of my Crud Racers as home work for tribe.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
In addition to the stock tab, check out our new chainstay light mount:

http://cruzbike.com/light-mount

This thing is super sturdy, looks trick, and adds another place to mount a light to your V.

Robert

Here is what i initially planned on doing (was going to cut the rubber strap to clear the tire) before the Cruzbike-specific T-cycle piece became available:
image.jpeg

Front view:
image.jpeg

Happpily the mount became available first. Pretty easy to get positioned just right. Now the light is out of my limited short-people field of view; i left the origin8 mount attached to the upper tab for the very rare times i ride at night so i can easily add another light for steady-on, and still have the lower one for blinking. Switched from the rubber strap to an extra screw-on NiteRider mount i had because it's much more solid.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Good tire clearance ^

image.jpeg

I like this a lot but I'm still puzzled why it doesn't show up in the products/accessories section?