Good long ride today.

toohoos

Finally getting used to the Quest. I wasn't so sure it was going to work out when I got it last summer. Still have some issues with the starts and even more frustrating is the feeling of loosing control when picking up speed going downhill. Have to ride the brakes.
It is a beautiful day here in Virginia, so hit the Capital Trail for a 26mi round trip. It is by far my longest ride. Feels pretty good.
20150208_104801.jpg

Kim Tolhurst

Down Hill Hints

relax legs, push upper back into seat, you will feel how much pressure is good. Keep your head up, look ahead well. With practice this will guide you itself.

cheers.

Kim.

www.cruzbiking.com.au
First Ride.

Wannabe

please explain...

Was causes this? I am thinking that weight distribution may be part of the cause. I am large in the chest area. (Size 49~50.)
So maybe I put more weight on the rear than front. Don't know. I say this because I have read that some people find most of the crurzbikes have problems being stable at speed. But then again, many do not. Just thinking out loud.

So, Kim, If one employes correct techniques, the Q won't be unstable/ squirmy at speed?

I want to add a quest to the stable... but I do not want problems...

cllsjd

Down Hill

I'm 6' 2" and weigh 190 lbs. I find the Quest quite stable. With a 6% grade and a tail wind, I have hit speeds in excess of 45 mph. I try to relax as much as possible. If I'm not pedaling I tend to drop my right hand into my lap and clamp the head set between my knees. Don't ever lock one leg out straight like you would on a conventional bicycle. I do find the transition between coasting and pedaling a bit un-nerving if I have another rider close by. I'm getting better at this.

chuck

Kim Tolhurst

Correct

Yes, its about good practice of the basic techniques which are similar for all cruzbikes. With, the Vendetta and Silvio being more pulling

with arms for accelerating and keeping power on. Techniques for riding bikes are as easy as your willingness to follow directions.

A little history. From the outset my brother and I thrashed out the CB conversion kitted bikes and then the first models as they came

along. This was before any forum and others contributing to to learn from. Once the CB Forum was up and running and having much

discussion about 'everything' , I studied really closely what was happening when helping someone for the first lesson and then wrote

the First Ride directions backed up by videos. These days, far far fewer folk are asking about learning questions.

The CB configuration as a bicycle is really well developed and out of the experimental era. Go, give it all your got.

best,

Kim.

ps. For those who complain is proof of poor technique.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
I find that if I'm tense,

I find that if I'm tense, then I can feel instabilities. If I'm loose, then there are no issues. So I think Kim is right that it's mostly technique.

craniac

"I find that if I'm tense, then I can feel instabilities. If I'm loose, then there are no issues."

That is just good advice for living, as well!