got back on the V after 6 months off

Seth Cooper

I was a little worried i hadn't ridden it outside in a while.

but not a problem. I put one foot on the cranks, pushed off and it was like, well, what is the phrase? oh yeah, riding a bike.

good to be back outside on the V. roads were as expected, they had much less traffic than a normal sunday.

I took my S40 to the mechanic just before all the shutdowns started here in the US. I had not ridden outside since probably last May. As I started my test ride to make sure everything was tuned well, my thought was don’t fall! I was amazed that I could start off and ride around without any issues. I expected all those trainer miles would have messed something up :)

3bs

whereabouts unknown
Plenty of time to get ready Seth. Are you doing any organized rides this year.

Seth Cooper

i don't know what organized rides will be available this summer. i often do the msu gran fondo, the holland 100, and the dalmac, and this year i am looking forward to getting a ride in with the CB michigan retreat.

all my spring rides and races got cancelled, the amway river bank run and the barry roubiax gravel ride got moved to the fall, i suspect the fondo will get cancelled, but the HH100 i think will go on with some social distancing in effect. i hope the dalmac doesn't get cancelled.

Seth Cooper

i gotta point out the obvious, but after the only outside rides of the year being on my 29'er mountain bike, switching to the V is like climbing into a rocket ship. so fast and smooth just got me grinning ear to ear as i easily tipped over 34mph after cresting the slight hill leading away from my house.