Greetings!

apophasis

Hey everyone, greetings and salutations from Truth or Consequences, NM! Longtime lurker here, finally got my Quest 451. I'm currently fettling, as they say, in preparation for my first ride. The innovator who had the bike before me unfortunately somehow succeeded in stuffing common 20x2" ultra thick BMX tubes in rather than the correct 451's, which did not work well in the long run, and left the tubes not only flat but horribly, comically deformed and nearly impossible to remove from the tires. Sigh; thought these bikes appealed to smart people... Well, maybe he sold it because he couldn't figure out how to keep air in the tires. It'll be better treated now. ;^) Anyhoo... I'm going over the rig and checking everything; the headset was all wonky, seems like it was just never set up nor maintained. Plus, there's a big gash in the chainstay where the sprocket took a big bite out of the aluminum, kind of looks like the wheel came out of the dropouts at speed! That must have been exciting.
Thanks to John for making the bike (and thereby saving me the trouble!) and thanks to all who post here for sharing so much knowledge. After most of a year in bed and a long recovery, I'm finally ready to ride a bike again, looking forward to riding without excess pain.
Cheers,
Tor