hamstring pull

CuHead

Last week practicing slow u-turns on 2006 bmw r1200rt, I dropped the bike, tried to stop the fall, and pulled my right hamstring. I've had sore muscles before, but this 'pull' is painful. Left leg was fine, picked up the bike and rode home. Thankful for good crashbars. For the hamstring, used Aspercreme mixed with DMSO and applied liberally to hamstring area, plus ate 2 Naproxen Sodium tablets and a few more in regular doses. Thankful for a couple rainy days even though I could've ridden each morning and early afternoon. Rode my Silvio yesterday for 25 miles and pedaled the 42 chainring for over half the ride; tried to accelerate hard once and regretted it with instant pain; usually ride 53 except on a few long steep hills. My cadence is slow, usually no more than 70rpm. Youtube poster MotoJitsu makes motorcycle maneuvering look too easy.

CuHead

wrt CruzBike, hamstring injury made cycling difficult for over a week. A couple weeks on and I don't notice it anymore while pedaling. It will probably be September before I don't have any pain/discomfort from the hamstring.