Handlebar inspiration

hurri47

I've been searching the site without success for a couple weeks now for a picture of handlebars that do what the Quest 3.0 currently in the For Sale forum does, and that's the first one I've seen.

I've been wanting to lower the bars on my converted Cannondale Super-V to improve forward vision, but I can't move the existing bars far enough forward or back to clear my knees without destroying my favorable arm extension. I've been picturing in my mind reversing the stem and using normal drop bars in either the exact fashion shown in the Quest picture or with the bar ends reversed (ends up instead of down). The hope is my knees will stay in front of the bar while allowing my hands to go forward from the stem.

We have a bike swap meet coming up in a couple of weeks, and I thought I'd look for a stout enough (and wide enough) drop bar to try out. As much pushing and pulling as we do on our bars I'm guessing I'll want steel. ?Has anybody else had any success with that?

-Dan

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Handlebar

I got lucky, during a visit to my local bike shop
and bought this aluminum drop bar very, very cheaply.

The handlebar felt wide to me, comfortable, and I could easily
imagine my whirring knees clearing the handlebar... and did
I mention that the price was right?

It works for me, very, very well.
These drop bars are awesome.

Whether or not a similar bar will work for you is, well, up to you.

6c462c34.jpg

b9de52e7.jpg
The first photo is a cockpit-view of my handlebars
and the last photo is a side-view.

Yes, that's a low-angle seat I made and yes, the other modifications also work very well.

I have never worried about the sturdiness of these handlebars.
They feel very, very stout, even at full power uphill.

-Steve