handlebar location

teacherbill

Saw an image of a different location for the handlebar on a Freerider. Are there any advantages to having the connection place down near the crank? Besides looking different? I would be attaching such a thing on my mongoose 700cx23 conversion.

JonB

Zen MBB Master
teacherbill wrote: Saw an image of a different location for the handlebar on a Freerider. Are there any advantages to having the connection place down near the crank? Besides looking different? I would be attaching such a thing on my mongoose 700cx23 conversion.
The cruzbike homepage has a page with that information.

teacherbill

JonB wrote:
teacherbill wrote: Saw an image of a different location for the handlebar on a Freerider. Are there any advantages to having the connection place down near the crank? Besides looking different? I would be attaching such a thing on my mongoose 700cx23 conversion.
The cruzbike homepage has a page with that information.
OK, I am blind. I am looking for user defined advantages over the handlebar location. My conversion is almost upright in its "stock" position.

JonB

Zen MBB Master
teacherbill wrote: I am looking for user defined advantages over the handlebar location. My conversion is almost upright in its "stock" position.

http://cruzbike.com/FAQ.html
it is under support and FAQ. Not comparison with other bikes.

FAQ wrote: The logic behind the Freerider handlebars, apart from the relaxed lifestyle they invoke, is that the wide grip gives you easier control over the tendency for pedaling to affect steering. Because the handlebar rises from the telescopic front tube (TFT), it creates a larger cockpit.

The same FAQ also says that the Sofrider is for longer rides and the Freerider for shorter rides. That said i do not have any trouble riding long on my freerider.

I do have some trouble getting the freerider through small doors, but that may just be the heavy front. A sofrider may have the same problems.