Has anyone tried Ultegra 2x11spd 6800?

John Schlitter

Bottom bracket bearing cup dia. On the new Ultregra 11 speed

Are to small for the CruzBike front end to clamp onto. Need close to a 1mm shim.

John Schlitter
Vite Bikes
info@vitebikes.com

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Do these new cups use the

Do these new cups use the same installation tool as the old? If so they are the same diameter - which means the reason the clamps do not tighten is machining debris in the bottom of the threaded hole. Chasing the thread is one solution.

JO_CONNOR

Need some sugestions

Primarily for Doug, Taveray and Gil
I am into a re-build of my S1.0 with Ultegera 6800, 11-speed, 170mm cranks, 53/39 chain rings (for now), 11/32 cassette, mid-cage derailer. I have the standard Cruzbike Aero 67s wheelset.

My request is: has anyone tried to change out the free hub body with something like the
11-Speed Free hub Body for DT Swiss 180 / 190 / 240 / 350 - Shimano/Sram? CruzBike ordering page is clear that the Aero 67s drive wheel is not 11-speed compatible. Can anyone say why not? Is there a need for a different free hub body that can be changed on the Aero67 drive wheel to accommodate the135mm spacing, if the spacing is indeed the problem?

Or, for those who have had success with 11-speeds, Campy, SRAM 22 WiFli or Ultegra 6800: were you able to get the 11-speed cassette to work on the Cruzbike wheel?

I would like to avoid having to buy another wheelset, but, if I had to, any suggestions for 11-speed wheelset? I have Kyserium SLs on my DF bike, works great with Campy Chorus 11-speed. Maybe this is an omen to go for the carbon wheelset I see looming in the future of this Silvio....

mauler

I'll probably be warned left,

I'll probably be warned left, right, and centre about the safety aspect of this, but here goes.

I took a Dremel to the fork of my Silvio 2.0 and cut away soome of the interfering bits of fork.

I now run Ultegra 6870 11-speed Di2 with my Silvio. It rides like the boss!

No modifications to the rear derailleur. Shimano's 11-32 cassette, Campagnolo Record 53-39 crank, KMC X11SL chain.

My American Classic TCX wheelset was 11-speed ready so that wasn't an issue either.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
Hi Roy,
Do you have before

Hi Roy,

Do you have before and (more importantly) after shots of your modification?

Enquiring minds want to know... :D

Charles

mauler

I was wondering when you

I was wondering when you would pop up, Charles!

The "before" was plainly a stock Silvio fork.

What got me started was a mistake by a mail order company when I ordered Shimano 6770 RD and FD. They sent me 6870 bits instead.

Rather than return the stuff for replacements, I did a dry run on the Silvio, having taken note that it was mentioned somewhere in these fora that the fork wasn't spaced properly for 11-speed cassettes.

While things worked smoothly between 1st and 10th, the chain jammed against the fork on 11. Not wanting to give up, I got myself (finally) a Dremel tool with cutting bit and shaved off small amounts of the fork over largish area. My mistake was NOT observing the chain path, so I cut off more than was necessary. I haven't a picture of the "after" yet but I'll get down to that tomorrow.

I figure about 2mm was shaved off. I went very conservatively.

Warning: The picture isn't suitable for the squeamish. Parental guidance is advised!

mauler

Here are some "after"

Here are some "after" pictures.

Photo%204-3-14%2013%2057%2032.jpg

Photo%204-3-14%2014%2000%2006.jpg

Photo%204-3-14%2014%2000%2036.jpg

iow

mauler, you're brave!what

mauler, you're brave!
what width is the hub 131mm or 135mm?