Help with sliding down & forward on S40!

I moved the extension as far forward as I could and still sliding down & forward! (I have a foam wedge on the way that I thought to secure with HQ industrial strength Velcro to the forward seat extension to force me back?)
183FB24B-04CC-4446-A0E6-1984CC8230D8.jpeg

Bentas

Thor GS carbon seat kicks up at the front of seat pan ,designed for steeper seat angles ,eliminating the problem your having.
Other benefits light weight (carbon fibre) and for many on this forum transformed their ride when switching from stock CB seat.
Still don't get why it is not offered as an option after all this time?
I would have thought both CB and Thor would benefit from some kind of arrangement,
not to mention the punters.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    321.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I assume for the S40, you buy the less laid out and more erect Thor seat?? The recreation model and not the 15-30 degree sport model!

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
Still don't get why it is not offered as an option after all this time?
I would have thought both CB and Thor would benefit from some kind of arrangement
THOR is a very small company. Grzegorz may not be able to produce seats in the required number and variety, within the required time frame, while maintaining quality.

If you don't want to spend $$ for another seat pan or in the short-term, try shortening the boom by one or two ticks.

If you don't want to spend $$ for another seat pan or in the short-term, try shortening the boom by one or two ticks.
By shorten, you mean bring the bars in shorter (closer to me) or Shorter and move the bars away from my chest, because I have had the handle bars both ways and this 6'3" guy feels like I am always sliding down and forward in a way I dont on a Corsa or Metaphysics.

By shorten, you mean bring the bars in shorter (closer to me) or Shorter and move the bars away from my chest, because I have had the handle bars both ways and this 6'3" guy feels like I am always sliding down and forward in a way I dont on a Corsa or Metaphysics.
No, keep the handlebars at the best distance you can adjust to; shorten the leg extension so you're not quite as extended - assuming you have room to do that without hitting your knees against the bars. Won't get rid of it, but may help a bit.

benphyr

Guru-me-not
With the moving bottom bracket - front wheel drive of the Cruzbike you can easily stretch yourself for the pedals without meaning to. The max extension length between hip and pedal stays virtually constant on most bikes but on this one when you turn the outside leg has to reach further (and the inside leg shorter-but we don't care about it for this question). Even when going in a straight line there is some movement especially when learning so the ideal leg extension can't be measured exactly the same and generally would be a touch shorter especially initially. @Ross Jantz beat me to it but certainly the critical piece here is the length of the boom from bottom bracket to headset (and therefore leg extension). Handlebar placement (as long as it isn't in the way) is going to be a matter of personal preference and comfort.

Welcome!! Happy trails.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Thor Easy Seat. Made a big difference on my S40. I still slide forward a little bit from time to time but the Thor works much better for me compared to the stock seat

With the moving bottom bracket - front wheel drive of the Cruzbike you can easily stretch yourself for the pedals without meaning to. The max extension length between hip and pedal stays virtually constant on most bikes but on this one when you turn the outside leg has to reach further (and the inside leg shorter-but we don't care about it for this question). Even when going in a straight line there is some movement especially when learning so the ideal leg extension can't be measured exactly the same and generally would be a touch shorter especially initially. @Ross Jantz beat me to it but certainly the critical piece here is the length of the boom from bottom bracket to headset (and therefore leg extension). Handlebar placement (as long as it isn't in the way) is going to be a matter of personal preference and comfort.

Welcome!! Happy trails.
YES! This makes sense to this newbie! I will move boom IN and wil probably get the THOR easy seat in the spring; the stock seat is carbon and super lightweight, but I enjoy the scoop on my Metaphysics.