High Speed roars into the Platinum League

trplay

Zen MBB Master
They did it again. This time it wasn't a timid tip toe around the edges barely squeezing in. High Speed came roaring into the Elite Platinum League like they belonged. When the night was done 7 of the previous PL teams were tossed out on their kiesters and High Speed was sitting firmly in 7th place.
This weeks record setting team consisted of Jim, Ed, Robert H,Rob L, Ken, Jay, and captained by Ray. How hard did these men go? Looking through the Zwift Power data the team set 7 separate personal power records in the process.

But wait we aren't done. In the Women's Division Maria and her Merry MargaRitas set an amazing time while Cruzbike riders Elizabeth and Connie went 1, 2, respectively leading the rebuilding Flamingos across the finish line.

Benphyr continues to quietly get stronger and stronger riding for the ATP franchise as he approaches that "A " level category. Cliff rejoined the TTT again with the ATP crowd with a strong performance while Larry, Chris, and Jason are enjoying their retirements.

Unlike High Speed the stalwart Low Drag Team can't claim any fancy Platinum invites but they weren't just out tootling around the track. Low Drag claimed 4 personal power bests, once again showing the power of the Zwift workouts.

Our Roll Call is open for next weeks race.
29oct-1.jpg

Last edited:

ed72

Zen MBB Master
High Speed agreed to stick together for at least 2 laps. Climbers (Jim and Ray) did not force the pace on the Leg Snapper Hill, instead hanging back. This was smart. We crested each time all together. We finished with 6 riders. When you see riders of our vintage with average heart rates of 155 and max at 173 (one at 189 beats per minute) during the race, you know it was 100% effort

xtalbike

@trplay Speed skating cancelled for at least two weeks. Rink closure mandated by state due to increased COVID in hockey players. So...I’m up for a TTT if there’s room for me on a team. Hope I can still manage 3.0 WKg avg but no guarantees.

Joel

benphyr

Guru-me-not
@trplay When my eyes feast on that image of stats from High speed they notice that in raw power there are four riders almost the same as me and one with way more raw power. So if I was to ride with you I would be pretty evenly matched on a flat course.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Sorry about the skate rink but its good luck for us! Go respond to ride in High Speed here and we will get you on the team chat board soonest. Welcome home!

benphyr

Guru-me-not
Joel’s an old hand at this. Do you have the Cruzbike Discord channel? It is they are under that.

xtalbike

Got the Discord. By chat board do you mean the High Speed Low Drag FB group. I’ve joined that but I’m not familiar with chat boards.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Congratulations again High Speed.

29ocths-invite.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-24_10-27-35.png
    upload_2020-10-24_10-27-35.png
    124.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: