Home built low racer Rev HTX

markciccio

This is my last Low Racer. It is called "HTX", an evolution of my old "HTH".
It weights 10,2 kg, 58T front, 11-25 cassette, single chain ring. Adjustable seat from 18 to 26 cm from the ground, 10-30° adjustable in inclination, 28" wheels, rim brakes. Adjustable handle bar, BB height position is also adjustable from 35 to 45 cm. It is made with a specific aim for racing. I'll test the performance in the next days with the different configurations, I hope it'll be fast. This is the video of the building procedure:

IMG20210907132513.jpg

IMG20210907132315.jpg

IMG20210907132405.jpg

IMG20210907132417.jpg

IMG20210907132322.jpg

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
This is my last Low Racer. It is called "HTX", an evolution of my old "HTH".
It weights 10,2 kg, 58T front, 11-25 cassette, single chain ring. Adjustable seat from 18 to 26 cm from the ground, 10-30° adjustable in inclination, 28" wheels, rim brakes. Adjustable handle bar, BB height position is also adjustable from 35 to 45 cm. It is made with a specific aim for racing. I'll test the performance in the next days with the different configurations
Fantastic Marco! Send it to me after your done testing and I will test it too! :rolleyes:

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
How to get a powerful geometry without wind resistance? I can sympathise with this. I like to have the BB close to me, but this means it is high, and a high BB is less powerful than a low one. If I could only solve this I could smash the Hour.

Opik

How to get a powerful geometry without wind resistance? I can sympathise with this. I like to have the BB close to me, but this means it is high, and a high BB is less powerful than a low one. If I could only solve this I could smash the Hour.

coaxial hub, like the G4 bicycle. The pedal is on the wheels.

markciccio

With a coaxial hub you can not control the steering properly, you have too much transfer of power on the handle bar. I does not work. And you have much less efficency than with the simple chain. I would never choose that system to make a fast bike.

Reactions: M.J