How do you load up your Quest?

So I just got a Quest about a week ago, and haven't figured out how I should set up my Quest for carrying all the things I need to carry (I've been putting on a backpack backwards and riding with it on my stomach. Not a long-term solution). Post explanations or photos of how you load up your Quest! I've been thinking of using the space under the seat somehow...

JonB

Zen MBB Master
marshall2389 wrote: So I just got a Quest about a week ago, and haven't figured out how I should set up my Quest for carrying all the things I need to carry (I've been putting on a backpack backwards and riding with it on my stomach. Not a long-term solution). Post explanations or photos of how you load up your Quest! I've been thinking of using the space under the seat somehow...
I suggest looking at what others and I did on Cruzbike Freerider.

Shakey

marshall2389 wrote: So I just got a Quest about a week ago, and haven't figured out how I should set up my Quest for carrying all the things I need to carry (I've been putting on a backpack backwards and riding with it on my stomach. Not a long-term solution). Post explanations or photos of how you load up your Quest! I've been thinking of using the space under the seat somehow...

Hi marshall
For commuting, I use a seat post pannier rack, good for about 25 lbs.
For touring or picking up chicken feed, I use a home built single wheel trailer connected using a "Bob" trailer axle.
Water bottles are mounted under the seat.
Two Planet Bike Super Flash mounted on the back of the seat.
These are great tail lights, I have had comments that from a distance people think I am a police road block :)

4540_98e7afa699a0d0e9afc31951e95a3ff4

Shakey,

Thanks for the picture. I'm waiting on a rack with the pannier mounts to come in, so hopefully that will work out for the best. I noticed you have your seatpost as low as possible, with the arms leading from the seat back to the post in a vertical position. Does this not lead to the seat giving/moving when you push hard against it? It seems like the connection between the post and those 3-inch arm things couldn't take a moment, and would allow the seat to move back.

Shakey

marshall2389 wrote: Shakey,

Thanks for the picture. I'm waiting on a rack with the pannier mounts to come in, so hopefully that will work out for the best. I noticed you have your seatpost as low as possible, with the arms leading from the seat back to the post in a vertical position. Does this not lead to the seat giving/moving when you push hard against it? It seems like the connection between the post and those 3-inch arm things couldn't take a moment, and would allow the seat to move back.

Hi Marshal, I hadn't thought about that, but after your comment I figured you might have a point.
I just went & leaned pretty hard on my seat to see if it would flex. Nothing, no movement at all. But all the same, I think I will change the mounting holes in the 'arms' next time I have my wrenches out just in case there is some extreme leverage happening.