How much can you load on that back wheel?

MailSeanBell

I was looking at all the racks that are suggested and it seems that they top out at 60 pounds.
Then I saw that the extracycle has videos of people being loaded up and hauled around, and standing on it etc...

So my hope was to have the ability to be riding along, see a friend, and then load them onto the back of the bike and keep going. I can envision how to make some litte foot pegs and a rack as a seat, but how much pressure can the back of the bike take? Will the rear wheel fold under an extra 180 pounds right on the back?

If you saw my dad's trike in the pics I uploaded, we have had people standing on the back while travelling and that old wheel held together so... what do you think?

MailSeanBell

Also, I was thinking how cool it would be to take people on the back of the bike and do photography of all my runner friends in a 'tour de france' style with the photographer sitting backwards. :)

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Should be pretty strong, Sean. Unlike the rear wheel of an upright, the Sofrider or Freerider rear wheel is not driven. Having the wheel trued and spoke tension balanced by an expert would alter the confidence in loading it up.

MailSeanBell

Could be a lot of fun. On second thought, tonights ride was so nice without anyone else that I think I can let the other people walk :)

I might have even sold one tonight, three people talked to me and loved the bike and one woman even wanted the web page address. So... it might be time to start talking about commission :) Say, 5% off my next bike for each one I sell?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
SeanBell wrote: So... it might be time to start talking about commission :) Say, 5% off my next bike for each one I sell?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: Sorry. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good luck with that! :cool:

Mark

Kamatu

Mark B wrote:
SeanBell wrote: So... it might be time to start talking about commission :) Say, 5% off my next bike for each one I sell?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: Sorry. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good luck with that! :cool:

Mark

Maybe 5% of sale price, I don't see how it could hurt Cruzbike, you sell 20 bikes and you can get one free. Of course, if you want a Silvio, you better sell 20 Silvios or a whole lot of either V2.