I had a date tonight

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
A riding date, of course. A friend of mine and I made arrangements to get out for a spin after work. He showed up at my house, kind of whining a little about the wind and such. He teased me a bit about wearing color coordinated jersey, shorts and socks. I tried explaining that while I was a Fred, I didn't necessarily have to dress like one. He continued teasing, talking about me getting a few hundred miles under my belt and thinking I had to be color coordinated. All in jest, of course. We altered our plans a little because he was being a sissy about a little breeze. :twisted: I don't know if I was having a great day, or he was having a lousy day, or what, but I could have left him in my dust at any time, I think. We're pretty comparable fitness wise. I have a lot more cycling history than he does, but he's been riding a lot more than I the last year. Whatever the case, he could not hang with me tonight, especially on climbs. I was feeling great tonight and I think my friend was not. Regardless, we kept a pretty good pace for perhaps 25 miles, or so with a lot of short climbs and recovery downhills. Kind of an interval ride. I guess. We ended up catching on to a couple riders that decided to see if they could run away from us and I was more than willing to give it a go. I sprinted away with my friend in tow. He saw what was going on and liked the idea, too, so without a word being spoken, we left the two riders way off the back. My buddy decided he had some legs and tried to pull me for awhile, but when we hit a viaduct, he fell off the pace. I did the slingshot around him and wailed over the top and was rolling over the other side, all three of them getting smaller and smaller in my mirror. I slowed down enough to let my buddy get on again and we hammered away. We completely dropped the other pair of riders like a bad disease. LOL!!! Side note, my buddy just called and was talking about the viaduct scene. He said when I went around him like that, his ego dropped about a ton and he said there was no way he could go. I told him that's what he gets for making fun of the color coordination thing!

It was a pretty cool ride tonight. It was a little breezy, but the wind does not bother on the Silvio. I sit low enough and just do not feel it like other riders do. I'm gaining in fitness and confidence and feel better and better every ride. A lot is due to the bike. It's such a fun ride that I do not search for excuses NOT to ride. In fact, I cannot wait to get on the bike and RIDE! This bike and I have an affair going and it's one my wife is OK with.

Mark

Kamatu

Mark B wrote: In fact, I cannot wait to get on the bike and RIDE!

Oh yeah. Even with my conversion still being a work in progress, it pedals and I want to ride it. One gear and all, I can feel the ability to hammer on it as soon as my muscles learn to control it.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Mark B wrote: A riding date, of course. This bike and I have an affair going and it's one my wife is OK with.

Mark

Fun with quotes!
:twisted:

You're having way too much fun, Mark!
:)

-Steve

Nanda H.

Great weekly write-up as usual Fred...I mean Mark :mrgreen:

Frankly I am a little jealous that you and Brian and others are all long smiles on your Silvio's. I've been run down with a cold which started late last week, and hammered with business, and getting prepped for the http://www.seaotterclassic.com event, leaving tomorrow and gone till Sunday.

I plan to book some ride time with myself, get the bars wrapped after adding the in-line adjusters, and start posting some ride reports eh :p

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Thanks, everybody!

I am having fun and miles of smiles on the Silvio. This is a bike that really puts the fun into cycling. Fun, sporty, fast and responsive; it's a little two wheeled HPJ (human powered jet).

Mark