I sense a disturbance in the 3rd Law

jond

Zen MBB Master
electric green must be seen. hurry up already. so cruel reminding larry of the bouncing bike . well done on the move to your new bike castle. transform that cave to a dungeon asap.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Yep just felt a tremor in the force as if all the cruzbikers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly hiding their wallets. hmmm I wonder if I can still afford to take the kids to the force awakens tomorrow....

There will be photos and you will want to look away, but you know you wont...

Now someone give me SRAM's phone number. A guy can't build a bike without no shifters....

I'm thinking whitebox photos this time and maybe it's time for another build diary on BROL just to make some CB envy.

Last edited:

ratz

Boom Boom ain't it great to be crazy.
Giddy and foolish the whole day through

or at least that's how winter is going to go. Curved booms are in route; can't wait to get my hands on those and check them out. Frame's in route; then there will be that dam long weight for the drive train to be available.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
With ALL that extra time on your hands, are you getting the wheel hubs and rims painted as well?

What colour are the LONELY brake cables going to be?
OR has/is SRAM come out with wireless operated brakes as well?

ratz

With ALL that extra time on your hands, are you getting the wheel hubs and rims painted as well?

Or perhaps they where ordered last year with color choices that had this in mind..

Going to be weird to have a bike with TWO and only TWO cables.

Maybe while we wait I'll configure them as fixies.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Will it be with a rear derailleur for chain tension and just one rear sprocket and one front wide /narrow COLOURED chainring???

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun

ratz

Rear facing radar integration has me intrigue. I still get surprised by cars on long section of quite country roads. When someone over takes you doing 80mph after not seeing a car for 15 minutes; that can be a bit un-nevering

I must have my handle bars lower than the rest of you; If I look at my Garmin 1000 which is mount in landscape mode and sits below the top of boom out of the air wash; then I really loose focus on the road ahead; and that's when I usually hit a big pot hole.

But I get you port snilard simple is still better unless a considerable problem is removed.

snilard

Guru of hot glue gun
Rear facing radar integration has me intrigue. I still get surprised by cars on long section of quite country roads. When someone over takes you doing 80mph after not seeing a car for 15 minutes; that can be a bit un-nevering
Not seeing a car for 15 minutes, this can happen only between 2AM and 4AM on most roads in Czech Republic. And on the roads where you can legaly cycle there is ~56 mph speed limit. So on stright part, cars are overtaking you at ~62 mph. Little bit different situation. Radar integration is only usage that make sense to me.
From the accident I use two mirrors. And I am not checking it only while climbing is seating position but in this low speed I can hear every car.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
15 minutes is a LOOOONG time to wait for a car! Even so, on the A12, a dual carriageway that runs through London and Essex, they sometimes go by at a hell of a lick, and they don't even change lanes. Un-nerving? I should cocoa!

Articulated lorries always change lanes. Every one. Even the Polish ones.