I was an Instructional Designer

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Until last Friday, I was employed as a contract instructional designer for four-and-a-half years with the same company. Now that I am officially unemployed, I have time to figure out my next career move. I enjoy developing web-based training, but I would be fulfilled if I can apply my talent within the bicycle industry. Still, I am open to suggestion, so please let me know if you hear about an opportunity where I might apply.

The good thing is that I now have more time to ride. :)

scabinetguy

January 2012

My company tried to hang on for 4 years after the economic downturn in 2008, in January 2012 we figured things weren't' coming back so we decided to hang it up.We had 140 employees in 2007. Social security here I come. You're right though, the cycling is much better now. Good luck Andrew.....Steve

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Thanks, Steve!

I am sure that having to close your own business is a much more difficult experience than mine, but I appreciate your kind words. Unfortunately, taking an early retirement is not an option - I could get used to the lifestyle - but I'm taking my time to find a place in the right industry; I'm looking for my life's vocation and not just another paycheck.

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
Relocation an option?

Andrew,

Are you willing to leave SC, or at least central SC, to find your next assignment?

Also, it would help us to help you if we knew of your experience.

Jerry

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Relocation

Hi, Jerry. My family and I relocated to SC from Pittsburgh almost five years ago and I would happily relocate for the right opportunity. When I took the job here, it was a bit of a gamble, but it worked out well enough until recently.

I have worked in instructional design/elearning for more than thirteen years and I have a background in graphic design that goes back to 1996. Do you work as a corporate recruiter? I would be happy to send you my credentials.

Regards,

Andrew

Jerrye

Spam Slayer
Nope Andrew, I'm just a salesman

My thought was that with this community as broad as it is that we could serve as ears to the ground for you to see what we could scare up for you.

If you are used to working in elearning, how vital is geographic location?

Are you on LinkedIn? That is a great place to network, especially with like minded and skilled people.

Jerry