If this is Recumbutt...

benphyr

Guru-me-not
I often ride on Zwift this winter with a friend for approximately an hour. I have had tingly feet and a little stiff or tired feeling muscles because they are not used to so much work. That is on my Conversion Kit bike (as seen in my avatar at left).

But tonight I rode on Zwift on my QX100 which worked great. I rode for about an hour and a half. And the Q is set up similarly to the Conversion but not exactly the same. I thought it was close enough until I tried to get off. The muscles just behind the sit bones are seized up tight. I can hardly bend over at all.

Is this recumbent?

When I first started riding Cruzbikes I thought recumbutt was just that tingly soreness that showed up immediately from sitting in a previously unknown manner, using muscles that are not used to being used and leaning on muscles that are not used to it. But now I am pretty used to the position, had no issues during the ride until I tried to get off the bike and almost couldn't! Yikes. :confused: How embarrassing. Now I've got to try to work out the kinks in my backside and figure out what it is in the position that caused it and fix it.

I think it might be that the seat pan is more flat with my setup of the QX100. I'm not sure why that makes a difference but it might be that because it seems like the other variables are pretty similar.

Any suggestions are welcome.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
For me, recumbutt is simply a mild muscle pain in the glutes while riding that happens because I am sitting on muscles, or supporting my weight with muscles, while also using them. It goes away when I get off the bike. But seat recline also plays a factor. I have zero recumbutt while on my V20, no matter how long the ride is. I have a little bit of recumbutt on my S30, but it usually goes away after the first 30 or so miles. Finally, I have plenty of recumbutt on my S40, but that bike rarely sees anything longer than my 10 round trip commute. If I were planning a long tour with the S40, I would be concerned. I use a Ventisit comfort pad on all three bikes.

I hope this helps,

Craig

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
S40 recumbutt is worse on the trainer but I only experience it in a significant way on long and very hard road rides. On the Bike Sebring century I had no problems. Maybe I didn’t ride hard enough?