Install instructions for Thor seat on V20

Tor Hovland

I got a Thor seat in addition to the stock seat with my used V20. It didn't come with any mounting hardware, and it has never been mounted, as far as I know. I don't know which model it is, but I have the problem where the upper wings of the frameset interfere with the carbon channels of the Thor seat.

I tried to find instructions on the forum, but couldn't really find any. Can anybody please post pictures and instructions, or a link to where something like that is found?

I got a Thor seat in addition to the stock seat with my used V20. It didn't come with any mounting hardware, and it has never been mounted, as far as I know. I don't know which model it is, but I have the problem where the upper wings of the frameset interfere with the carbon channels of the Thor seat.

I tried to find instructions on the forum, but couldn't really find any. Can anybody please post pictures and instructions, or a link to where something like that is found?
I, like others, cut the upper wings off with a hack saw. I drilled holes to mount to the lower wings with some rubber as @ratz. The rest of the seat is held in place with some velcro.

Tor Hovland

@Mathew Fy Yeah, I wouldn't want to attack the frame with a hack saw, particularly when I don't know if I'll like the Thor seat or if it will even fit me. But I can see why that would be the best (only) way to get a properly reclined seat.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I thought about this more as I have S40 and V20 both with Thor seats. I think it's possible not to cut the upper wings off. I think the simplest solution is to cut a rubber block the same height as the seat ridge and put that on the frame near the upper wings (you can probably just velcro it) so that the ridge won't hit the upper wings. Drill 2 holes on the Thor seat near or on top of the rubber block. Use a heavy duty zip tie that loops around the frame and through the holes. I can confirm zip tie the seat is fine as long as the lower wings are bolted through the seat as indicated above.

One thing is that this is not V"20" anymore... more like V22 or something like that. I think the difference is negligible.

CruzRider

I bought my V20 used. The previous owner and his friend had installed the Thor seat. They did it without cutting off the wings and using rubber blocks. Very neatly done.

On the rear (first two pics), you can see L brackets that hold the block to the wings.

Attaching pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0888.jpeg
    IMG_0888.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0885.jpeg
    IMG_0885.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0886.jpeg
    IMG_0886.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I bought my V20 used. The previous owner and his friend had installed the Thor seat. They did it without cutting off the wings and using rubber blocks. Very neatly done.

On the rear (first two pics), you can see L brackets that hold the block to the wings.

Attaching pics.
That's pretty clever!