Is a giro air attack helmet a good helmet on a Silvio or Vendetta

currystomper

This seems to be the best aero helmet I can find for a Cruz bike

Giro-Air-Attack-Helmet-Shield.jpg

Anyone got any thoughts on how it would work with the headrest or if there is a better helmet out there!!!

CS

BentBierz

I've been eyeballing that

I've been eyeballing that helmet for awhile now so it will be interesting to read any opinions on it.

currystomper

I'll buy the helmet

..if someone can lead me a Silivio for a week or two. :)

Otherwise you are going to have to wait until Christmas if you are waiting for me!!

CS

T.

No wisecracks

regular_smile.gif
About anybody's fat head...
however, the video that Eric linked to says it comes in three sizes: small, medium, and, wait for it... large.

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Well one of y'all quit eyeballing

Well one of y'all quit eyeballing and buy the darn thing and let the rest of us know if we should buy one too! :)

Do they come in Extra Large? I have a fat head - and no wise cracks from the peanut gallery.

I have a Giro Venti which has a heavier rear adjustment than the Giro Air Attack and my Venti fits OK on the Vendetta headrest so this would suggest the Air Attack might be a bit better but they don't seem to like to show photos of the back of the head of someone wearing one so it is hard to tell.

The video here at time mark 1:02 shows the back adjuster and how it fits on the head. It does look like it will work OK with the headrest...

http://www.giro.com/us_en/air-attack.html

-Eric

Eric Winn

Zen MBB Master
Yeah, but typically helmet

Yeah, but typically helmet manufacturer's "large" still isn't large enough for my big old fat head - sigh...

My Giro Venti is a Universal Extra Large (58-65cm) and it barely fits. I have just enough room for one of those very thin Walz caps under the helmet and that is only if I keep what little hair I still have pretty much buzzed off. :)

-Eric