It’s all about the shoes

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
We haven’t done the shoe thing in a while so . . .

It was time for a new pair. Have always worn Shimano but wanted to try something different. Have always admired the Sidi brand. Long time DF roadie but wear exclusively mtb shoes and spd cleats on CBs. Lots of town riding means lots of feet on the ground and the mtbs last much longer than slippery road shoes. Also wanted something more visible up front than black.

That’s all the background info...

Just finished my inaugural 40 miles wearing the new Sidi Eagle, fluoro red shoes and I have to say they are incredible. Reasonably stiff but not slabs of slate. A bit narrower than the Shimano standard cut. Easy mechs to work. And the fluoro red is awesome. I think I have new favorites! And w high vis yellow Swift Wick socks, visibility is no longer a problem

Bought from Bike Inn site saved about $100 but took a month for shipment Maybe they were stuck in the Sues Canal . . .9F75CC1C-9B66-4B7A-BC05-6023E4BF48FC.jpeg

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Those look pretty snazzy Paco. SPD cleats and MTB shoes are the way to go on recumbents me thinks. My Specialized Sport MTB shoes are nice too, but mine has more meat on the bottom than I actually need. Your Sidi shoes seems to have just the right amount. Most likely lighter and no worries about looking like a drunk, newborne baby giraffe when walking around the cafe followed by months of physical therapy.

Gary Hudson

I wear Sidis too, only I have them setup with speedplay frog pedals. I bought the Draco years ago. The shoe was expensive, especially since I wasn't a racer, but I liked the carbon sole and the wire enclosure. They are what I am still using.