Its About Time

VeloLEV

For my birthday today, I finished the Surly Steamroller:

surly1web.jpg

Like the bar tape? ;)

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Cool paint on that Steamroller. Looks very nice...I should strip my Raliegh and have a nice powder-coat done on it. Nah, I don't need to expend any more $$ on it...just go ride!

The Silvio looks sweet and I'm jealous about the SRAM Red group you've installed. I've been keeping an eye on ebay for gruppos which might be "Silvio compatible".

WhiteSilvio

VeloLEV wrote: For my birthday today, I finished the Surly Steamroller:
Like the bar tape? ;)
Hi there VeloLEV,
Greetings and a happy New Year from the great southern land downunder.

I just have to ask a curiosity question, or two, on the Steamroller. Looks great by the way.
Now clearly you have only a front brake. Which of your "brake levers" do you have the front brakes connected to?
And, since I'm asking questions, what is the reason for the shorter lever length on the RH lever? (Well I think it looks shorter from the picture anyway.)

Do you use the "brifters" just to lean on when not down on the drops and pushing hard?

Regards, John R.

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Ahhh, Lev...

You have a good eye for bike aesthetics. I can hardly wait to see what your Silvio ends up looking like. You're using SRAM red components... very nice stuff.

I've wanted to capture the elegance of singlespeeds in a Cruzbike design. Please make any comments concerning your assessment of the visuals of Cruzbikes.

And happy new year to ya!!!

Best,

VeloLEV

Mark B wrote: Happy Birthday!

Love the steamroller!

Mark

Thanks Mark!

trapdoor2 wrote: Cool paint on that Steamroller. Looks very nice...I should strip my Raliegh and have a nice powder-coat done on it. Nah, I don't need to expend any more $$ on it...just go ride!

The Silvio looks sweet and I'm jealous about the SRAM Red group you've installed. I've been keeping an eye on ebay for gruppos which might be "Silvio compatible".

Dude go for it, old Ralieghs love powder coating. Its cheaper than paint and more durable. Man I can't wait to finish my Silvio, glad you like it so far. If you like the double tap, Force or Rival would be less $$$ but I got Red for less than half price... couldn't resist.

WhiteSilvio wrote:
Hi there VeloLEV,
Greetings and a happy New Year from the great southern land downunder.

I just have to ask a curiosity question, or two, on the Steamroller. Looks great by the way.
Now clearly you have only a front brake. Which of your "brake levers" do you have the front brakes connected to?
And, since I'm asking questions, what is the reason for the shorter lever length on the RH lever? (Well I think it looks shorter from the picture anyway.)

Do you use the "brifters" just to lean on when not down on the drops and pushing hard?

Regards, John R.

OOh the Surly looks good in sunlight, doesn't she? I can slow the rear wheel by resisting the pedals, and use that most of the time, the front brake I use when stupid cars get in my way. The right is just a hood, like a tandem stoker bar has. I can sprint and climb in the hoods, just like the drops. Call the local bike shop, maybe they have one you can try!

Hardtailcruzer wrote: Ahhh, Lev...

You have a good eye for bike aesthetics. I can hardly wait to see what your Silvio ends up looking like. You're using SRAM red components... very nice stuff.

I've wanted to capture the elegance of singlespeeds in a Cruzbike design. Please make any comments concerning your assessment of the visuals of Cruzbikes.

And happy new year to ya!!!

Best,

I appreciate the compliment. You and me both wanna see this thing rollin!

Much of my attraction for the Silvio is the design. The elegant integrated seat and frame, smoothly sculpted carbon stays and the single tube from the BB to the bar all capture the eye. The ability to choose components leaves asthetic discretion to the owner, allowing multiple directions for color scheme. The color options are endless, but red is certain...

soon!