Jacquie Schlitter - Recumbent Rider, Racer, Human par excellence

benphyr

Guru-me-not
This was posted on Recumbent Riders Facebook page. Our condolences, thoughts, and prayers go out to all those who she touched.
Rose City Recumbent Cycles LLC
December15at5:31PM·
Beloved member of the Recumbent Cycling community Jacquie Schlitter has passed away after a brave battle with cancer. Her trademark pony locks and no nonsense approach to recumbents inspired many women to join her ranks in a predominately male pastime. She was a brutally fast rider and combined with her open, caring nature she instantly won over every one that had the privilege to cross her path. She was the first to call us at Coventry Cycles after we lost Marilyn Hayward-the first to ask about the grief that we were going thru as Marilyn’s friend. She was the only one not concerned about the ‘future of the business’ but concerned about the future of those that made up the business. Like Marilyn, she was a positive force for all of us to remember and celebrate. She leaves behind a community of riders that looked up, appreciated and loved her. Godspeed, Jacquie. Thank you.

Very sad. I met Jacquie when I accompanied a friend of mine on a visit to their store in Venice, Fl. Jacquie was warm and friendly. A truly nice person. Condolences and prayers to her family.