Just wondering...S40 with a carbon front triangle?

kz22

In the past if you had a Vendetta you could upgrade it by purchasing a V20 front end separately. Seems like it was about $700 while they had a supply of them. The new V20c (2022Q1) will have a carbon front triangle. It seems I remember reading that the main frame tube of the S40 and the V20c are from the same mold. If so, I wonder if S40 riders will be able to upgrade their bikes with the carbon front end.

chicorider

Zen MBB Master
I was wondering the same thing for my S30, but then I remembered from the one picture CB has leaked so far, that the headtube looks larger, especially for the bottom headset bearing, meaning that the V series and S series forks will soon have different steerer tubes, ending cross-compatibility. I'm excited though. I have a feeling that the new V will be one mean looking machine.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
All of the new parts are 100% incompatible with the old parts.

Thats part of the process of going to an entirely new material - it has to all work properly together. To me this is a good thing. It allows the older bikes to stand as they are (the race winningest recumbent anyone can realistically attain for purchase) and it allows the new version to 100% be into own new persona in the market and on the road. Clear delineation between the models/version is a good thing in this case.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Might be. I've had the vendetta for 10 years... near enough. Might be time to retire her. We have had many many exciting times and have taken her to many exotic places. She still has a lot of life in her. Maybe she can still beat the local DFs for another 5 years???

So does the new v20 have viscose headset and thru axles?

Could be perfect with the new shimano di2.... 12 speed :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: