Latest on Rear Rack for Sofrider?

I've read through previous comments on rear racks for a Sofrider, but they are all quite dated. Anyone have the latest wisdom on the best rear rack to use on a Sofrider (for a weeklong tour carrying ~ 25 lbs?)

Thanks, Dave

McWheels

Off the long run
I think I'm one of the more recent people to try and solve this. For only 25lbs, definitely think about a seatpost mounted one. They go up to 25kg in some cases (Blackburn, Rixon&Kaul, Topeak...)

For a more traditional approach, mine isn't ideal, but it works. Ideally I'd like longer upper stays so they could be P-clipped to the top of the lower triangle.
View media item 203View media item 202

Another option is to replace the suspension with solid rod, and then you can clamp the upper stays to the seatpost.

Finally; I never figured out a rack for underseat use, but I did bodge a 2-bag method if they balance each other. The straps drape over the horizontal bar supporting the seat. Once hooked on they were pretty secure but they do clatter about a bit.
View media item 201

Thank you very much for your input. I think I might try to go with the seat=post mount.

I think I'm one of the more recent people to try and solve this. For only 25lbs, definitely think about a seatpost mounted one. They go up to 25kg in some cases (Blackburn, Rixon&Kaul, Topeak...)

For a more traditional approach, mine isn't ideal, but it works. Ideally I'd like longer upper stays so they could be P-clipped to the top of the lower triangle.
View media item 203View media item 202

Another option is to replace the suspension with solid rod, and then you can clamp the upper stays to the seatpost.

Finally; I never figured out a rack for underseat use, but I did bodge a 2-bag method if they balance each other. The straps drape over the horizontal bar supporting the seat. Once hooked on they were pretty secure but they do clatter about a bit.
View media item 201

Frank Costantini

Here’s my solution. Not the most stable, but for moderate loads, it works. Just used a P-clamp to attach the front stays to the rear swing arm.
AA3F8A59-1D75-4574-9AF3-ACFBB606E32D.jpeg AA3F8A59-1D75-4574-9AF3-ACFBB606E32D.jpeg

Thank you to everyone for your ideas and suggestions. I luckily was able to find an Old Man Mountain rack at a local bike dealer and connect it to the bike using an extended axle skewer and the rear brake bolts. Just rode the Great Allegheny Passage and C&O Canal and it worked like a charm!IMG_7599.jpg

The Brook

I've been using the Old Man Mountain Sherpa, attached to the rear brake bosses(clamp came with rack). It has been solid, never caused me a moment's worry.

Denis