Light Whip, Illuminated Flag Pole sources

benphyr

Guru-me-not
This Thread is to collect information on where to purchase light poles or components to make them. There seem to be ones out there for dune buggies and ATVs but less for light weight human powered vehicles.

I was inspired by @Merczak73 's avatar which appears to have an illuminated green flag pole coming out of the seat.
10092.jpg

@Merczak73 Do you have any details on where this can be purchased, how it functions, etc?

Merczak73

Greetings! I got the lighted pole from here: https://www.proglowsports.com/collections/recumbent-lights/products/led-saber I was looking for something that would catch attention, but that did not have a flag on it. For whatever reason, flags kinda bug me on bikes, even as a little kid racing around the neighborhood.

It seems to work great. It is merely on or off. Does not flash. It is powered by 3 or 4 AA batteries in a box that is weather resistent/proof. I use a strip of velcro to secure the box to the frame when riding. Otherwise, it flaps around annoyingly. I also use a strip of velcro to secure the pole to the headrest. Otherwise, the pole will whip around. I picked green as that seems to be an easier color for most eyes to see. It does almost nothing during the middle of the day. However, in the evening and dusk it really lights up. I have two flashers (Cygolite) at the top of the pole. A white one facing forward and a red one facing backwards. They are held on by one of the "rubber bands" that comes with the lights. I tried the lights that proglowsports have on their website for the top of the pole, but they don't last very long.

I get a lot of complements about my setup. Can't miss me. That, and I have two flashers attached to my headrest as well. I have a headlight mounted on the handle bars. Visibility is the name of the game.