LongBikeTote

TransAm

I'm looking for a 1.25" Class-1 trailer hitch rack for my V20. It fits inside my Honda Fit compact hatchback, but I have to take both wheels off, and putting the front drive wheel back on is a pain. So I would like to be able to transport the bike with the drive wheel on.

But the V20 is too long to fit behind a compact car with both wheels on. So I would like to take the rear non-drive wheel off. I'm looking for a fork mount carrier like on a roof rack, but on a hitch mount rack. Here is the only thing I have found so far:

Recumbent Bike Rack — Long Bike Tote

Does anyone else use this with a CruzBike?

But this only carries one bike. I would like to be able to mount a second DF bike as well. Hollywood Racks apparently made one for a 2" hitch, but it's no longer available.

Amazon.com : Hollywood Racks HR575 Pro Rider 2-Bike Hitch Mount Fork Mount Rack (2-Inch Receiver) : Automotive Bike Racks : Sports & Outdoors

Has anyone else found something like this, preferably from one of the more mainstream companies?

Last edited:

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
If you are looking for hitch bike rack for V20, you can just get a regular bike rack. I have Kuat NV 2.0 for my S40. Works well.

1happyreader

zen/child method
[QUOTE="
So I would like to take the rear non-drive wheel off. I'm looking for a fork mount carrier like on a roof rack, but on a hitch mount rack.

But this only carries one bike. I would like to be able to mount a second DF bike as well. [/QUOTE]

You can do this with add on modules that fit the Hollywood Trail Rider or Sport Rider bike racks .

You replace a Wheel basket assembly with these two parts.
Fork Mount Adapter
QUICK RELEASE FORK MOUNT

FWM-ADP-2-a_800x.jpg

915b_800x.jpeg

Don't be afraid to pick up a used rack.
racks are over built . ( not a bad thing)