Michigan Senior Games TT

Rob Lloyd

The Michigan Senior Olympics will have a Time Trial and Road Race event in August this summer at Waterford Hills Road Race course in Clarkston.
For more details:
https://www.michiganseniorolympics.org/cycling-summer
I e-mailed to find out of they allow recumbents; and they do! The rules now allow for recumbents in the 5/10k Time Trial events. This is the first year for Michigan. But, they do not have any recumbents entered so far. I plan to enter (maybe both the 5k and 10k events).
Hi Rob,
We will offer a recumbent division but this will be new to the MSO. We have never had a recumbent bike enter the races before but they will be welcome in the 5K & 10K time trials.
Thank you!
Becky Ridky, CSEE
Executive Director
Michigan Senior Olympics
Age breaks start at 50 for the Senior Olympics. So, if you're 50 as of Dec31 2021, you are eligible (IE, you could be 49 at the time of the race).

Rob Lloyd

For anyone that hasn't been there, Waterford Hills is a 1.4mi Road Race course that was repaved for 2019. It's extremely smooth. A very nice place to race a bike now.
This event is 2 weeks before the Michigan HPRA at the same track; use it as a warm-up!

The Michigan Senior Olympics will have a Time Trial and Road Race event in August this summer at Waterford Hills Road Race course in Clarkston.
For more details:
https://www.michiganseniorolympics.org/cycling-summer
I e-mailed to find out of they allow recumbents; and they do! The rules now allow for recumbents in the 5/10k Time Trial events. This is the first year for Michigan. But, they do not have any recumbents entered so far. I plan to enter (maybe both the 5k and 10k events).

Age breaks start at 50 for the Senior Olympics. So, if you're 50 as of Dec31 2021, you are eligible (IE, you could be 49 at the time of the race).
I figured an event that has pickle ball and shuffleboard categories can't be that tough. Then I saw that the winners in my age group for the 20k are a minute & a half faster than my best for last year's Cruzbike Time Trial. I would have to get much better to win, but it does sound fun.
BTW was that you winning in swimming 1999?

Rob Lloyd

I figured an event that has pickle ball and shuffleboard categories can't be that tough. Then I saw that the winners in my age group for the 20k are a minute & a half faster than my best for last year's Cruzbike Time Trial. I would have to get much better to win, but it does sound fun.
BTW was that you winning in swimming 1999?
Lol, no. In 99 I turned 30…

Rob Lloyd

I just checked my previous 5k fastest time. It matches the record for my age group.

My 10k time is a minute off for my age group, 2min off the fastest record.

Last edited:

3bs

whereabouts unknown
oh if i could just get my sorry butt to the other side of the state between all the rest of the stuff scheduled for me this year.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
And another Zwift Racing League extraordinaire wins Gold as Rob sweeps the Michigan Olympic recumbent categories in the 5 and 10K. Nice!