mid foot shoe adapter - has anyone tried this?

Tami

I have a set! I have not used them yet, they look sturdy! They don’t go quite as far back as where i have drilled my holes, but close? The plate in the shoe that they attach to (inside the shoe) needs to have 4 holes, not just 2. I am packing and getting read to go ride Cowboy and Mickelson trails tomorrow. I will try to get a pic to post before i go. They got here fast for international shipping IMO and looks like they will be available again the first part of July.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
I have a set! I have not used them yet, they look sturdy! They don’t go quite as far back as where i have drilled my holes, but close? The plate in the shoe that they attach to (inside the shoe) needs to have 4 holes, not just 2. I am packing and getting read to go ride Cowboy and Mickelson trails tomorrow. I will try to get a pic to post before i go. They got here fast for international shipping IMO and looks like they will be available again the first part of July.
Thanks! I have a pair of old Shimano shoes which have the holes pretty far back. None of the newer shoes have the holes as far back, so I am thinking of trying this out when avaliable instead of trying to drill holes and retrofit.

How much do they weigh?
Thanks.

Michael

Speedplay made pedals that have an adaptor to place the cleat back further. However I do not know if wahoo still makes the adaptor.

Al_D

I own a set of these... I just started using them a Greenspeed Aero Trike.
They are quite effective to their intended purpose, and move the cleat mid-foot.
After over 20 years of blasting around on recumbents, I developed a mid-foot pain syndrome that
was only mitigated by using metatarsal padded insoles. These Patrocleats remove the source
of overuse irritation.
One caveat... you cannot walk around in them without caution. They are raised off of the sole of the shoe
by a significant amount. I found that toe walking was a way to avoid missteps.

slitespd

I too have a set of these cleat adapters. I put them on a pair of SiDi MTB shoes. They don’t go quite to mid-sole but pretty close. There is truth in the statement about to walking around on them as they extend lower than the pads on the shoes and are very slick. I put a toe down when starting and stopping. Until there is a selection of shoes made with mid-sole cleat positioning, these will do.

Tami

I also have a pair that i used with spd cleats/pedals. Ditto the walking issue, and they did not move the cleats all the way back to the arch. I prefer my modified shoes with the arch placement cleats.

cruzKurt

I own midfoot cycling shoes I bought from Europe, absolutely love them and have a few thousand miles on them and NO complaints at all. Shoes are actually made to mount a cleat midfoot or fore foot. Less than $300 shipped to US.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
I own midfoot cycling shoes I bought from Europe, absolutely love them and have a few thousand miles on them and NO complaints at all. Shoes are actually made to mount a cleat midfoot or fore foot. Less than $300 shipped to US.
I honestly don't know why shoe manufactures just don't offer extra holes near the midfoot section. It shouldn't be so expensive to move cleats further back.

Personally, I just drill my shoes and bolt the cleats where I want them. Works for SPD two-bolt cleats ( 3-bolt road cleats present a challenge though. For that check https://mid-foot-cycling.com/)
1656429900969-png.13367

A good video here:

Last edited:

cruzKurt

When I first starting researching mid foot, I feel like all the adapters are not very good. I bought mid foot shoes instead and love them. I have thousands of miles on my first pair and they still ride like new.