Music That Makes You Go!

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
I have a playlist or two of favorite songs that I listen to when I ride, but I'd like to add more songs to it to switch it up a bit or even lengthen it up a bit now that the days are longer equalling more saddle time. So, I thought I'd ask what songs are on your playlists that help you do that. A Youtube link to the actual song, or simply the artist and song name would be great. If it is a remix or particular version then please include that as well.

Happy riding!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Apparently if you are going for koms think of very upbeat music that you would hear in a gym.

Personally I prefer softer music to keep my adrenalin levels down.

Oddly enough it has been proven if you are a downhill mountain biker going through technicals that if you listen to music and forget the difficulty you fare better.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
This is yet another treat those not riding with the Cruzbike racing team miss out on. The team Minister of Culture and Music supplies them with a wide array of music during the race at the absolute perfect times using the Rhythm Bot over Discord. The group response is nothing but spectacular. They love my musik! Just a small sample:

I’m mostly listening to podcasts or audio books. Right now I’m playing “Fifty Shades of the USA” (narrated by the author). A British gal’s adventure of riding in each state. Today as I struggled to complete my century ride, she’s talking about riding many over-100-mile days with a fully loaded touring bike. I just had to suck it up and power on.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Lol sea shanty me lad. Inspiring me old blagard of the pogues or steeleye span we be.

Give me pop and rock and reggae and ska to steel myself. Then classical or jazz to come down.

The Beatles the beat blur the boss Chris Cornell Chris Isaak the clash Coldplay crowded house the cult the cure Bowie depeche mode Donovan doors echo and the bunny men Ed kuepper Elvis Costello........... it’s endless. Endless options. But it must be cool cool cool critically acclaimed cool not schlock factory sausage Muzak

lately it’s been CCW for me. Keep on tootling yeah. Rockin all over the world.

and of course. Shhh uh uh shhh ahh riding along on a pushbike honey. Vomit.

or. I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it far...ahh queen. Bicycle bicycle

jond

Zen MBB Master
The specials. Graham Parker. Hoodoo gurus hunters and collectors jamiroquai
Kid creole and the coconuts. Kinks smiths nirvana Neil diamond nwa new order
talking heads. Pixies. Simple minds jethro Tull joe Jackson Johnny cash. Julian cope
Paul Kelly. Who powderfinger prince

Radiohead selecter rem stones big o soundgarden audioslave simple minds spy v spy
Stray cats the the

someone stop me now please so much great music. Any era.

you am I

jond

Zen MBB Master
This is yet another treat those not riding with the Cruzbike racing team miss out on. The team Minister of Culture and Music supplies them with a wide array of music during the race at the absolute perfect times using the Rhythm Bot over Discord. The group response is nothing but spectacular. They love my musik! Just a small sample:

good taste in bikes and music.

NeaL

Guru
Most of what I listen to is instrumental. Or, vocalized sounds and foreign languages. Just looking down my recent stuff:

Bobby McFerrin,
Dr. Didg,
Nyusha,
Consider the Source,
Wild Marmalade,
Sirena,
Telesma,
Ash Dargan,
Big Blow and the Bushwackers, and
The Hu.