My Journey Begins...

Jeremy S

Dude
Jim, that might work, however

Jim, that might work, however the product page says the clamp will fit a 1 1/4" tube and the Silvio boom measures a bit larger. Also if the mounting rod is too wide (hard to tell from the product page) then your ankles or legs might hit it.

I've been researching this too, leaning toward the TerraCycle multi-purpose accessory mount:
http://t-cycle.com/accessory-mounting-c-71/accessory-mounts-c-71_73/multipurpose-accessory-mount-p-31.html
That page lists clamps for up to a 1 1/4" tube, but supposedly larger Cateye mounting clamps can be used.

I also found the Bacchetta one-armed bandit:
http://shop.bacchettabikes.com/bikes/oab-one-armed-bandit-light-mount.html
Don't know if it would fit the Silvio.

And, this at Hostel Shoppe:
http://hostelshoppe.com/HOPPER-DEVELOPMENT-Ucam-Universal-Computer-%26-Accessory-Mount-39503/
It should fit the Silvio boom but I'm not sure if the mount projects outward enough to allow proper aiming of a light.

It would be good to hear from anyone who has tried any of these. I know some forum members have made custom mounts.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Dinotte Tail Light mount on the boom

We are using a tail light mount from Dinottee

http://store.dinottelighting.com/140l-140r-140a-tail-light-mount-p49.aspx

It's cheap and it fits on the boom perfectly and the headlight works just fine on it.

It does flex and jiggle but so far that's been a positive as it absorbs impact energy and keep the light from tipping down on rough roads.

We are mounting CygoLite Metro headlight on them.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Minoura Accessory Holder

I'm a dork...forgot that I had one of these on my Rocket...

http://www.utahtrikes.com/PROD-32.html

...works PERFECTLY on the boom near the pedals.

Got it a little cheaper here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00810V1DG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got my headlight mounted now...and it's rock solid!

Thanks for the replies...

Yeah!

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
I hate my driveway...

So, I have now pulled an Artie Johnson twice trying to take off from my driveway...embarassing, and frustrating.

In spite of that, I am having a blast... I am still "dialing" the bike in. I have been trying to get my arms straightened out more but when I get them straight, my pedals are too far away to clip in.

I have a happy medium presently. My arms are almost straight and my legs are just about right.

I also got my Ventisit seat pad and my Bent Up Cycles Aero Bag installed...thanks to all those who went before me and provided pics and instructions.

Life is good...and will get better as I continue on my journey.

regular_smile.gif

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
What a difference...

Wow! I seem to have gotten my Silvio adjusted almost perfectly!

The last two days, I have experienced a level of relaxed riding that heretofore, I was unaware existed.

I now have my handlebars out to the point that my arms are almost completely straight while in the drops, just enough bend to allow me to reach up and easily grasp the hoods/brakes. The MBB is also extended just enough to give me a little bit more leg stretch...I moved my cleats slightly forward too.

I was worried when I made these leg/reach changes that I might over do it but it has caused my hips to open up a bit more and I have already found muscles that I wasn't working in the top of my inner legs!

I can't explain it, but these slight modifications produced an immediate change in the handling of the bike. I'm not kidding. I am more relaxed and am not experiencing the constant steering inputs from the handlebars and my pedals that were causing me to wobble so much.

I think I was too closed in and compacted which caused me to over compensate for the felt input from my arms and legs. Does that make any sense?

While not yet totally one wth the bike, I am now equaling my DF speeds in my neighborhood from before I purchased my Silvio. I often look down at my Garmin 810 and am surprised at the speed and the little effort it takes to get there.

That you again, Mr. Robert Holler of Rose City Recumbent Cycles, for selling me this wonderful bike!

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
It's great to here about your

It's great to here about your progress Jim. Small cockpit adjustments can make a big differences in feeling comfortable, which leads to more confidence and increased performance. Also the muscles will adapt and get stronger as you put in the miles, and then and in no time you will become 'one' with the bike.

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Rick,
Thanks for the kind

Rick,

Thanks for the kind comments....

Thanks also for the pics of your Aero Bag mods...I did pretty much the same thing you did. But, I have an issue with the molded plastic extension coming up off the seat slightly and then hitting the seat with a noticeable slap when I hit a bump. I have the plastic extension zip tied to the headset posts but I think I am going to try to add some soft rubber between the seat and the molded plastic extension to see if that resolves the problem.

Right now, though, I want to ride...but it's raining...all weekend. Blah...

Have a great weekend!

David Parman

BP MS-150

I've ridden the BP MS150 twice now on my Quest 559. I got the Q after getting talked into doing the MS150 by a colleague. That was 3 years ago, I've got about 3000 miles on my Q now and will be riding another BikeMS event next weekend (Waves to Wine, in the Napa valley area). It took me a few days, and "sleeping on it" overnight, to get the hang of riding a Cruzbike but I really love it. Now when I get on a regular bike, it feels really high and I notice head winds a lot more.

So hang in there - it gets easier and easier, and before you know it you'll wonder how you ever got along without your Cruzbike!

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
I am glad that all is going

I am glad that all is going well! Indeed small changes can make a big difference - too often people don't take the time to really fine tune their ride and find that sweet spot. :)

Robert

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Where has the time gone?

New job...little time to ride. Ho Hum.
cry_smile.gif

I love my bike...weather is getting cold... Need time off to ride.
wink_smile.gif

Wannabe

Nice new bike Jim!

Hi Jim,
I am hoping to do the exact same thing as you. I am looking for a Silvio 2.0... ( might have found one too :) )
At any rate for me I am coming off of a GRR. I am looking for more acceptance and speed. What kinds of speeds were you talking about there when you were describing your last ride compared to your DF?

Ivan

Guru
Hi Jim, for that headlight

Hi Jim, for that headlight mounting solution... It took me a while but I like what I have now. Find two small cylinders that together fit just in between those mounting holes (above your BB, front nose of your Silvio). Could be wood painted black, or I cannibalized an unused helmet mount from my bike light. The diameter of the cylinder should be approximately that of a handlebar.

Insert 2 screws into each side. Tightening the screws will affix each cylinder to either side of the mount. There will be tiny gap in the middle which doesn't matter. Now you can attach your light on those 2 cylinders which act as the part of the handlebar to which a light usually attaches. In the pic below, my external battery pack is not on the bike. It would normally sit on the FD stalk with a strap wrapped around the boom.

IMG_3573.JPG height:628px; width:837px

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Wannabe,
I am out of shape

Wannabe,

I am out of shape and still trying to get back to previous form...however, I can w/o trying, maintain an average of 16 mph in my neighborhood. I could do the same thing on my DF but it took much more effort.

I have yet to get me Silvio 2+ out on a "real" ride. Work is killing me. I expect to be able to do the same and better once I get out of town.

Good Luck with your search...Rose Recumbent Cycles fixed me right up.

Ivan,

I so wanna be you when I grow up...thanks, man.

Blessings...

Ivan

Guru
LOLs! Good on ya Jim - great

LOLs! Good on ya Jim - great to hear you are rearing to get back to your old form. Hey, I also had a Cervelo S2 which I loved, but I sold cos I loved Silvio 2 even more and I knew I would not be riding the Cervelo much!

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Jim, I am very glad that you

Jim,

I am very glad that you are enjoying the ride. 16mph with easy effort is a good thing - this next season and more riding that will only increase! Yea!

Robert

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Ivan stikes again...Crud Roadracers

I decided to follow my leader, Ivan, and ordered and just finished installing the Crud Fenders...simple install after reading Ivan's post and watching the video. I went out for a short test ride and they seem to be working just fine...no apparent rubbing.

Yes, Ivan, ye olde Cervelo S2 (which I loved) , has been bestowed upon my son-in-law, who could never afford one at the present time.

While I am not getting to ride as much as I want, I have lost 35lbs since getting my Silvio 2.0+, not from riding, but from, yes, dieting...ho hum. I expect to be in much better shape and equipped for more riding very soon.

Tally Ho!

Ivan

Guru
Congrats on those 35lbs gone

Congrats on those 35lbs gone Jim! Bet you feel great and are gonna lose more! :)

Are you using 25c or 23c tyres with your Cruds. It's been raining every day here cos it's the monsoon season in Singapore. So I'm getting wet on every ride home. The fenders really keep the bike much cleaner. I had a white Cervelo S2 and cleaning it after every rain ride was tough! With the Silvio, and especially with the fenders, it's so much easier!

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
Back on my baby...

The weather has not been cooperating much in the last couple of months, but this week has been awesome.

I've gotten in three short rides...short is good...when you haven't been riding.

I love my Silvio 2.0+.

That is all...

shades_smile.gif

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
I have finally learned that in order for me to successfully take off from a full stop, I must sit (lean) forward as I engage the pedals. This gets me going without any issues and I am able to get clipped in and leaned back very quickly now. It's taken a bit of time but this is working well for me. The weather and my job have been getting in the way of my riding and it's driving me mad. I had wanted to ride in the BP MS150 Houston-Austin again this year but just couldn't get the time to prepare....but there is always next year...Lord willing.