My Quest got stolen in Australia

frankvl

My brand new Quest (v3) got stolen in Melbourne a few days ago; if you bought or see a secondhand one, please contact me or the police. They probably moved it to another city and might wait a while to sell it. I live with just my bike and hammock, so it was a very personal loss (it's because I believe using money is unethical as the value completely depends on exploitation).

It can be recognized by the heavily scratched up rear part of the frame. This is because of badly designed temporary homemade panniers that I ended up using too long due to travel time constraints. Of course, if it's sprayed over, this is even more suspicious. The rear brake is worn out and the cable frayed, although they might have fixed that up. It also misses some of the original nuts and bolts of the seat. (The assembly manual is really poor and some nuts/bolts didn't match any holes properly; there's also no loctite or anything on there, so my seat fell apart within 2 days of touring; Cruzbike didn't reply on my message asking about how/where to buy spare parts).

If you bought it and plan to keep it, remember that it is illegal to own stolen goods (it has been reported), even if you don't know about it or if they showed a fake proof of ownership. If you contact me I'll refund a significant amount.