N24HC 2016

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
The official event overview is available. There are some interesting trends. Fifty-five percent of riders were from out if state this year. Also, there were 272 registered riders and 240 of them posted mileage. Maybe that means 32 dropped out on the first loop? The average mileage was 264.2 miles per person. The rider that was late on the last loop was only 20 seconds late. It also says I have the highest mileage of any Michigan male this year. Woo hoo!

http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=d2df66a3cb8d9c04cc062be89&id=c3d995798d&e=49b560495a

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Now is the prrr-fct time to approach him and tell him you saw him "shining a chair with his butt", and now you can show him how he can "shine a Vendetta with his butt", and still be making forward progress .... ;)
LARRY EXCELLENT saying!!

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
LARRY EXCELLENT saying!!
Now is the prrr-fct time to approach him and tell him you saw him "shining a chair with his butt", and now you can show him how he can "shine a Vendetta with his butt", and still be making forward progress .... ;)
Nah he's just going to tell Joe that he miss all his training time; fielding complaints about that guy on the funny bike wreaking the shop group ride.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
I think he has a vested interest in maintaining the old paradigm and doesn't recognize the Vendetta as a disruptive innovation.

SamP

Guru
I think he has a vested interest in maintaining the old paradigm and doesn't recognize the Vendetta as a disruptive innovation.

Most bike shops are perfectly happy to work on my unusual and obviously klugey bike--it's a conversion kit bike--but one mechanic refused to work on my bike at all, after looking it over a few minutes.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
My shop just rolls their eyes laughs at me, the vendetta and any of my roadie race efforts but they have no problems helping me gets parts for it. I've never actually left any of my bikes there to be worked on because I'm my own mechanic so I have no idea what they would think to have it taking up space in the shop.

The beauty of my shop is every mechanic there is a mtber and only one guy even owns a road bike but never rides it. Because none of them are roadies they all have a super chill attitude. If someone rolls in with a fat bike we poke fun at them for odd choice in equipment and then invite them on a ride so we can poke fun at them some more.

I could totally see myself having the same negative scenario as you guys if I was dealing with this other shop I avoid like the plague. They are more 50-50 road and Mtb but their staff must be a bunch of roadies because they sure have the snobby attitude of road racers.

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
Well, I just can't catch a break. Not only did I get beaten out of first place in my age group of 33 riders by 1.2 miles, but the results book was just published, and they had previously made a mistake regarding my being the most improved male. Now, that person apparently beat me by only 1.7 miles. Talk about close. Next year I can't sit on my butt loafing so much if it makes that much difference. o_O

JOSEPHWEISSERT

Zen MBB Master
I'm still recovering from the N24HC and taking it mostly easy, but group riders don't know that, so they're expecting me to hammer. All speed is fair game on A-rides. On yesterday's group A-ride (at a "nice" LBS, not the "dick" LBS) I was pulling around the group to do an easy 25mph pull into the wind on the front for three miles to do my share. One of the pretty fast guys, who I see a lot at group rides, yelled out to the front guys who hadn't ridden with me, "Don't chase him! It looks like fun, but it isn't!" I had to laugh. It certainly is fun for me.