Nairobi Weekend Group Ride Videos

Great video. An interesting mix of bikes. I was surprised to see the mountain bikes mixed with road bikes.

It was cool seeing three different MBB/FWD recumbents together! Are they all CruzBikes?

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Great video. An interesting mix of bikes. I was surprised to see the mountain bikes mixed with road bikes.

It was cool seeing three different MBB/FWD recumbents together! Are they all CruzBikes?
It was not a race. Just a nice weekend group ride regularly organised by a local church (called ICC) for a charity cuase. It's open to all to push their own limits. The MBB/FWD bikes are all DIY copies. Maybe one day when we get $$$ we will have a "genuine" cruzbike:D!

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Everyone's an engineer in Kenya.

Road surface looks really good. Better than in Britain.

There are only three recumbents in the video. I made one and my friend made two. Just using old bike parts to piece the recumbents together. If you want something bad enough but can't afford a factory built one , then you make do with what you have.

Some of our roads a very smooth, especially those leading from the main urban centres. However, we also have some pretty rough surfaces on the less important roads.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Nice video. I love that you have a recumbent grin through the video. You and the other recumbent seemed to be rather quick!

Yeah, but some of the stronger riders were missing on this ride. I do, however, feel pretty strong when Iam on my recumbent, except for steep climbs. Anything from 2% grade or more and the other riders have an advantage. But, I believe the main drawback is the weight. My recumbent is a little more than 16Kgs. Traction only becomes an issue on loose surfaces or extreme grades 15-16%+, which are rare anyways.

In my opinion, a good performance bicycle should not be more than 15% of your body weight I think. Anyway it's good fun all the same.

Thanks for watching!

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Makes me dance. Cool. Lots of traffic on your route. But good surface. Inspiring stuff.
Thanks! Glad to create some inspiration! Hopefully one day, by some miracle, I can afford ultra lite S40 frame to replace my steel DIY one:)