Nairobi Weekend Group Ride Videos

Bentas

Hey Andrew
Looks like another perfect day in your part of the world , riding with the brothers on a comfortable bike that our creator helped you create , and judging by the sound track your living an abundant life because of His amazing grace,no wonder you can't stop smiling, a truly uplifting vid , thanks for sharing!
Ps. wouldn't it be great if the Parker's decided to bless you with an S40 frameset , make good marketing sense to me, keep praying bro , who knows?

Last edited:

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Jamo's pace may have been blistering, but it looks as if you out-blistered him. Until the speed-bumps. There are some like that in the UK. They are not nice, even on the Grasshopper which is fully suspended.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Hey Andrew
Looks like another perfect day in your part of the world , riding with the brothers on a comfortable bike that our creator helped you create , and judging by the sound track your living an abundant life because of His amazing grace,no wonder you can't stop smiling, a truly uplifting vid , thanks for sharing!
Ps. wouldn't it be great if the Parker's decided to bless you with an S40 frameset , make good marketing sense to me, keep praying bro , who knows?
Yes, I'am a Christian! And those are members of a church cycling club. Great guys! Lot's of fun riding with them.

About the S40 frame, it would be very flattering to own one! My DIY is pretty close in geometry: wheelbase 113cm , seat reclined at about 37° and lowest part is 58cm from the ground. The BB is about 64cm from the ground. The headtube angle is at 68°. This geometry is just perfect and makes me feel so powerful! The downside is that the frame is made of steel, the total bike weight being, ... hold your breath ... about 16.5 Kgs! That's significant considering I weigh 67.5 Kgs.

That weight has a significant impact on acceleration and climbs especially over 2% compared to my Alu DF which is about 10Kgs.

Last edited:

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Jamo's pace may have been blistering, but it looks as if you out-blistered him. Until the speed-bumps. There are some like that in the UK. They are not nice, even on the Grasshopper which is fully suspended.
Thanks! Jamo is a great guy and a powerful rider! We are just having fun trying to beat each otther on the road.

cpml123

Zen MBB Master
Yes, I'am a Christian! And those are members of a church cycling club. Great guys! Lot's of fun riding with them.

About the S40 frame, it would be very flattering to own one! My DIY is pretty close in geometry: wheelbase 113cm , seat reclined at about 37° and lowest part is 58cm from the ground. The BB is about 64cm from the ground. The headtube angle is at 68°. This geometry is just perfect and makes me feel so powerful! The downside is that the frame is made of steel, the total bike weight being, ... hold your breath ... about 16.5 Kgs! That's significant considering I weigh 67.5 Kgs.

That weight has a significant impact on acceleration and climbs especially over 2% compared to my Alu DF which is about 10Kgs.

Other than the look, if it's just about the weight, I am not sure if you will be wowed by the S40 anyway. I have a 2017 S40 which weighs maybe 2-3 kgs less. I think it's because of double chainrings, FD, disc brakes, aluminum wheels, bottle cages, etc. I also ride with the Bacchetta brainbag, 38c tires, and 1-2 bottles of water. Together they probably weigh 16kg! 2019 S40 weighs less because it doesn't have FD and only has 1 chainring. I figure it will be cheaper for me to lose weight than trying to buy top components to save grams.:)

I hear you on acceleration and climbs... very tiring. Downhills and flats are great.

Michael

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Other than the look, if it's just about the weight, I am not sure if you will be wowed by the S40 anyway. I have a 2017 S40 which weighs maybe 2-3 kgs less. I think it's because of double chainrings, FD, disc brakes, aluminum wheels, bottle cages, etc. ....

I hear you on acceleration and climbs... very tiring. Downhills and flats are great.

Michael
Thanks! I wouldn't mind loosing 3 or 4 Kgs from the bike though! So that S40 is welcome!

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
I am not worrying about the weight of the bike, but the weight of the belly. At least there is a possibility of losing that. Unlike the COPD. That makes climbing slow. I just wish they would put all the speed bumps and holes on the ascents and leave the descents smooth.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
I am not worrying about the weight of the bike, but the weight of the belly. At least there is a possibility of losing that. Unlike the COPD. That makes climbing slow. I just wish they would put all the speed bumps and holes on the ascents and leave the descents smooth.
I agree, but at my weight of 67.5Kg I cannot loose anymore without risking being under weight and loose power. The bike needs to weigh something like 10Kg or at most 12Kg to be reasonable for me.

Bentas

Another very entertaining vid, omg I had my heart in my mouth as you were weaving between those trucks, with more coming at you, I’m glad none of them were texting, you must have more than one guardian angel on board with you.