National 24 Hour Challenge: N24HC

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Here is the link to the next big Ultra Marathon Cycling Association's (UMCA) event: http://www.n24hc.org/
The event starts Saturday June 18th at 8am. (5 weeks from this Saturday)
It is being held in Middleville, MI.
There is free camping at the school for the riders and their crews if they need it.

This is billed as the 2016 UMCA's National 24-hour Championship.

So far Joe W is signed up.
Kevin G and I (Larry Oz) have just talked and have both also decided to ride in the event as well.
I know - I might have been quoted as saying after 2015 Sebring that "I would never do any 24 hour race". Never say never I guess! haha

So - anybody else going? (I think the Tribe should always have at least 4 riders at any event - so we need at least 1 more)

I am now also looking for avid Cruzbike owner(s) who live close by that would be willing to support me in this ride. Not much is required, accept to stay away all night, encourage me as I pass by every 20 minutes or so, and hand me a water bottle every hour or 2. On an outside chance of a mechanical breakdown - to drive to my location and provide needed parts. If you are interested please email me directly at larryoslund@gmail.com and we can discuss specifics.

I will probably drive up to Michigan on Wednesday before and some work for my company before the race, so it is rather impractical for me to bring someone from around here this time.

Let the next fun begin......

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
sounds like they are going to make you stop each lap to mark your number plate for post race scoring.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I'm almost tempted to consider this but 7 mile laps for 12hr seems a bit much. Then again asphalt is asphalt so it shouldn't matter if it's 7 miles or 20 miles right? Overall record is 511 miles and as I am right now even that seems like it would be easy to match. So I'd have to ship the V and supplies to the race and fly myself there. Maybe one of the other cruzbikers could pick me up and save me the cost of a rental then maybe I could crash in the corner of someones room.

Don't go getting your hopes up, this idea is a long shot at best right now.