Need a test ride or rental

Glen B

Hello,
New to the forum.
Rode with a recumbent fellow last week and was intrigued.
He gave me his email and has answered some questions, but I have lots of questions!

One, where in south Georgia or north FL can I find one to test ride? I live in Moultrie, GA.

I bought a nice Cannondale carbon in 2019 and have 5,000 miles on it, mostly indoors because of
the pandemic. I use a Wahoo Kicker Core and Trainer road. This is a very good bike, but I still have
neck and butt pain on rides longer than 40 miles. I am 69, been riding for 4 years since I retired.
I am in pretty good condition with an FTP of 210.

I am considering a ride across America, but am worried about 80+ mile days and pain...

GlenB

woodguy

Hello,
New to the forum.
Rode with a recumbent fellow last week and was intrigued.
He gave me his email and has answered some questions, but I have lots of questions!

One, where in south Georgia or north FL can I find one to test ride? I live in Moultrie, GA.

I bought a nice Cannondale carbon in 2019 and have 5,000 miles on it, mostly indoors because of
the pandemic. I use a Wahoo Kicker Core and Trainer road. This is a very good bike, but I still have
neck and butt pain on rides longer than 40 miles. I am 69, been riding for 4 years since I retired.
I am in pretty good condition with an FTP of 210.

I am considering a ride across America, but am worried about 80+ mile days and pain...

GlenB
Can’t help with a test ride since I’m in Wisconsin, but I can encourage you about a Coast to Coast ride. I rode my Q45 on that journey in 2019 with no pain problems. I did put on a Thor seat, which I think made a big difference.

Frito Bandito

Zen MBB Master
Welcome to the forum Glen. Glad to have you. I am too far away to offer my V20 up for a test ride but someone closer might be able to help you out. All I can say is that you will likely be able to go further and faster more comfortably on a recumbent than you would on your Cannondale. I can do 3 hard hours on a road bike or TT bike which is about 100km, but then I am done for the day with neck, wrist, butt and back pain. I did 142km on my V20 in just under 5 hours the other day and other than needing to refuel I felt I could have done another 5 easily. My legs were not even sore at any time afterwards and all the usual places were pain free. Check out the Q45 and the S40. The Q45 is nice, and the S40 is a VERY capable tourer. I am partial to my V20, but I'd have no problem at all switching to the S40 for doing the ride you are considering.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Hello Glen,
I live in Hilton Head Island. Not super close - but do-able - you could come over on a nice day and enjoy the beach before you head back, or rent something for a night an make a mini-vacation out of it,
I have a T50 - which is great to learn the FWD-MMB "feel, then I have a Vendetta, and also "Magic" which is a racing pro-type with an even more laid back seat.
I also have the Vendetta mounted to a Wahoo CORE so you can see how it works. I ride it while I work each day - Very comfy!

I can probably teach you how to ride the Vendetta in 30 minutes.
Larry
828-216-7860
give me a call if you are interested.

DocS

Guru
Private lesson from Larry Oz!

I'm not very close, but if you find yourself in the San Antonio area of Texas, I currently have an S40 and a Vendetta. I think learning on the S40 would be easier than the Vendetta. In fact, I had three Riders try my S40 on Monday!

Blessings,
DocS (Rudy)

trplay

Zen MBB Master
Glen, I am in Cochran. Not too far up the road, and have a Vendetta you can do a short test ride. One caveat, my legs are short so if you are a big guy getting the fit adjusted may take us a while. You are welcome to come up and give it a try if you like.