New Build

My kit arrived on Tuesday, so i couldnt wait till my weekend to start tinkering her are some pics of the progress so far, hopefully by sun eve, mon morning i will be ready for my first true ride....

320_df1b7fc7a8daf5d5165ad264336f5bbc

teacherbill

vegaspaddy wrote: My kit arrived on Tuesday, so i couldnt wait till my weekend to start tinkering her are some pics of the progress so far, hopefully by sun eve, mon morning i will be ready for my first true ride....

That kit looks familiar! I am glad it is coming along as quickly as it is. It looks as if all the "extra" parts will be put to good use.

Well i was able to steal away for about half an hour today with the attention of putting some brakes on, should have been easy, WRONG...

My front wheel which i hadnt noticed before is nowhere near to center some some shimming is in order.

I guess i should have followed the instructions step by step but talk about confusing... I think the guys need to sit down and take photos of an installation, talk about double dutch i was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what part was what and where it was supposed to fit. Luckly teacher bill had left most of the parts pre-assembled for me so i was pretty much able to get the kit on there without too many problems.

My seat angle might also be a bit to straight but i am using the seat post that came with the trek and there is no give in it what so ever, i will eventually upgade parts as i go along but at the moment i just want to get the bike to where i can take it out for short spins to learn how to ride the thing.

Any helpful tips would be gratefully appreciated at the moment,

thanks, martin