New carbon fiber adjustable seat…

rfneep

From the V20c preview emails, we get a glimpse of the new CB carbon seat for the V and the S40. Since it fits those two, I’m guessing it would also fit my S30.

The carbon seat has always been the weakest link in their road bike designs in my view. The new one looks much better, and I want one! It would be nice to get one for this next riding season, but I’d be surprised with all the delays in supply chains.

One can hope…

Ray

I’d like more information on the seat. I ride the original seat on my S30. I think I would like something with a wider shoulder area. I love my S30 and my Silvio 2.1. I do think the seat could be improved a bit, at least for me. I haven’t gone the Thor route since the original seat is good but better is always the best.

rfneep

I have never been comfortable with the lack of any shoulder return - it’s just too flat for me. I use a Volae carbon seat instead, but the mount is not elegant. However I’ve always liked the lightness and easy mount of the CB seat.

I have never been comfortable with the lack of any shoulder return - it’s just too flat for me. I use a Volae carbon seat instead, but the mount is not elegant. However I’ve always liked the lightness and easy mount of the CB seat.
I am fine without a shoulder return. I just feel like the shoulder area should be wider. Of course, where the shoulder is would differ for each person. I guess I really mean the top of the seat being wider which is where my shoulders hit. It would also help in mounting some bags.

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
More info on this will be coming - but indeed shipping and supply chain issues have abounded for the last few years.