New loking to test ride

Kidelbow

Hello there!

I am in the market for a new to me 2-wheel bent and the fwd intrigues me. I am interested in test riding a T50. I am located in Southwest

DocS

Guru
Good morning Kedelbow!

Can you be a little more specific regarding your location?
I'm in the San Antonio area of Texas. I don't have a T50, but do have an S40.
Our local recumbent shop (Pedal Guerrero) is a Cruzbike dealer and offers test rides...

Blessings,
DocS (AKA Rudy)

Kidelbow

Good morning Kedelbow!

Can you be a little more specific regarding your location?
I'm in the San Antonio area of Texas. I don't have a T50, but do have an S40.
Our local recumbent shop (Pedal Guerrero) is a Cruzbike dealer and offers test rides...

Blessings,
DocS (AKA Rudy)
DocS,

Glad you said something because in my head I typed SW Ohio, obviously I forgot the Ohio part.
Stay safe, sounds like there is some nasty weather coming your way.
Douh

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Hello there!

I am in the market for a new to me 2-wheel bent and the fwd intrigues me. I am interested in test riding a T50. I am located in Southwest

I am in Louisville. No T50 but have both a S40 and V20 if you are interested in a test drive.

Kidelbow

What models do you have. I am interested in a T50 but would be willing to try a T50 or Q45. Something more upright.
Thanks

Rsnoeyink

3bs was very accommodating when I met up with him in SW Michigan. He gave me lots of pointers as we worked our way through the models. I rode the 3 bikes he brought for me to try and did indeed end up buying a Vendetta. I took it to a parking lot today and had some fun. My biggest problem was going in a straight line. I'm pretty sure it's going to take a few parking lot sessions before I feel confident enough to go on the road.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
Took me 4 parking lot sessions before I hit neighborhood streets and quite a few more before I joined my first small group ride. But looking back now it was a pretty short adjustment after riding DFs for 40 years

DocS

Guru
3bs was very accommodating when I met up with him in SW Michigan. He gave me lots of pointers as we worked our way through the models. I rode the 3 bikes he brought for me to try and did indeed end up buying a Vendetta. I took it to a parking lot today and had some fun. My biggest problem was going in a straight line. I'm pretty sure it's going to take a few parking lot sessions before I feel confident enough to go on the road.

That's awesome!
It took me a few weeks to finally be able to ride straight. Now I can ride the white line :)

Don't get discouraged and it helps if you ride the Cruzbike exclusively while learning...
You may be tempted to get back on your other bike/trike, but you're gaining valuable muscle memory now...

Blessings,
Rudy

paco1961

Zen MBB Master

Be sure to do all the drils/tutorials on the CB site. At times it feels a bit dorky to just coast in a straight line down a gentle slope and walk your way back up 15 or 20 times in a row but the drills do help. If you can't hold a straight line (and few of us could when we first started) the figure-8 drills don't do you any good. When I first started I would coast down about a 50 yard slope in a local parking lot and then alternate turning left/right on alternate trips. The first time or two out it was not better than 50/50 that I would actually turn in the desired direction. But it eventually clicked and in no time I was riding around town without thinking about unintentionally veering out into traffic! Learning to ride a CB is not good for those with an overdeveloped ego. Best to swallow the pride for a bit as it ends up speeding up the process of getting from where you are to where you want to be.

I've only met two people in my CB time who hopped on the bike and rode off with no problem at all. One is a unicycle rider and the other a high-wheeler rider. I don't have either of those genes.

Enjoy the ride!

3bs

whereabouts unknown
@Kidelbow st Joseph area. Pretty far. Maybe Indy guys closer.

The one advantage that is good coming to ride with me is the different models.

it’s also a nice place to visit

Kidelbow

Just looked at a map, that is a drive. We actually have some friends that recently moved that direction, to Buchanan, I believe. Indy is definitely closer.

3bs

whereabouts unknown
Yep that is very close. Nice riding around there too. well, if you come this way, happy to show you the bikes and how to ride them