New Q-45

Paul Reese

Got my bike today. Took about 2 hours to assemble & adjust. Did the Flinstone thing down the driveway a few times, the just put my feet up & started riding, a little wobbly at first but not too bad. Did some U turns, stopped & started, overall went better than I expected for first day!

Paul Reese

2nd day-Rode 16 miles, a few easy hills, starting to feel more confident. Did some figure 8’s in a church lot, amazing how much these help. It doesn’t feel totally natural yet, but the learning curve isn’t as steep as I anticipated. So far so good! Also want to mention how great the suspension is. I live on SE In. land of all chip seal all the time!

Last edited:
Congrats on your new ride! Sounds like you are already starting to adjust to it nicely. Keep running through those handling drills and you will have no issue at all before lomg.

Reactions: 3bs

3bs

whereabouts unknown
I think the Michigan event would be a perfect thing for you to attend.....
Or the official cb retreat in Indiana.....

see the threads

Paul Reese

Third & Fourth ride- I’ve got 50 miles on the bike now & am pleased with my progress. I continue to do figure eights & have gotten much more confident in my turns. My feet no longer fight my hands. I can reach behind seat & get water bottles with both hands & put them back with very little swerving. I really see how people get hooked on these bikes.

Paul Reese

Today went to visit our kids in Indy. Road on the Fall Creek & then the Monon trails. The Monon was very crowded with lots of stops & starts, & a detour that went thru a couple narrow spots. Made it thru, didn’t crash or run into anyone. There were definitely some tense moments, but overall an enjoyable ride. I remember back to my first recumbent, a long wheelbase with under seat steering, and how it was a long time before I was really comfortable. This is a little like that but I believe it will come quicker. The trails are pretty rough, love the suspension!

Paul Reese

2B8124DC-E7F9-42B3-A27F-E8EF7431DB9C.jpeg This will probably be my last post in this thread, as I don’t think i’ll have much more to report. I’ve got close to 200 miles on the bike now & am really enjoying it. Doing some longer rides, 42 miles today, & pretty much just get on & ride now. I was very apprehensive about buying this bike cause of some of the stories i’ve read on how hard they are to learn to ride. Maybe it helps that i’ve ridden all different types of recumbents over the years I don’t know, but it hasn’t been all that difficult. The videos are very helpful, but time on the bike & handling drills were the key for me. Thanks for all the encouragement. I’m one very happy Cruzbike owner!