New race case?

Derek

The first version of the new race case had problems like that for me and others. Cruzbike updated it, and sent me the latest version, which I've been using for a couple months. My first test ride was on a route with some of the roughest pavement that is close to the house. The route includes the parking lot of Golden Gate Fields race track, which hasn't been repaired since the dawn of time. It also includes sections of the Bay Trail that are so badly rooted up that you cannot keep both wheels on the pavement at any speed. The case did not crack, and the bottles stayed in the holes. Since then I've put 650 miles on my V20 with the new new race case on the back. I've summitted two of the local mountains, hit speeds of up to 47 mph, done a single ride of 115 miles, and have encountered pretty much every kind of pavement that is out there. I always ride with two 750 ml bottles in the case, and I always put a bag of food/sunscreen/etc inside the hatch. I've never had a problem with the new new race case; never lost a bottle and never had the hatch pop open. I've recently plumbed the two bottles together so that I can drink from a tube over my shoulder that has a bite valve on the end. I haven't tested if it is more aero than my Bacchetta Brain Box, but I suspect that it is no less aero. My plan for pit stops in a race is to swap both bottles and the tubing (the whole system). I think it should be possible to be in and out of the pit area in seconds, pretty much like a DF racer.
I'm looking to replicate this setup. Is this still your approach or did you evolve it over the past couple years? Any photos you might have and be willing to share would be greatly appreciated!

ccf

Guru
I'm looking to replicate this setup. Is this still your approach or did you evolve it over the past couple years? Any photos you might have and be willing to share would be greatly appreciated!
I’ve switched back to using a Brain Box because I can stuff a 3.75L bladder in it. But here is how the Race Case looked with the bottles plumbed together.

Attachments

• A60534B4-907B-4EBB-8265-003489F8F23B.jpeg
    A60534B4-907B-4EBB-8265-003489F8F23B.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 35
  • 4561D196-A7E9-436F-9CE2-68AE34110972.jpeg
    4561D196-A7E9-436F-9CE2-68AE34110972.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35