New Silvio in stock

Product picture

I agree that the Silvio picture on the pop-up 'Bikes' window should be updated. It currently shows the old Silvio

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Tilting Trike

What wheel size is the tilting trike joining to be?
Will it be a FWD Moving BB delta trike, with a locking tilt arrangement and the tilting mechanism similar to Black Max on www.fleettrikes.com, which is 3 off 20" wheels, but NOT MBB.
Will it be designed with a streamlined fairing that is easy to get and out of?

Regards

Super Slim

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
3 x 700c, super slim. Whether

3 x 700c, super slim. Whether a tilt lock is need is still under research. A fairing would be a separate development project.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Connie-Jack Odell, probably

Connie-Jack Odell, probably with 700c would keep in the road bike family of components. This is a design exersize at the moment, and may never materialise. Fun thoughts though :)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
tilting trike 700C wheels

John,
with a disk brake on the front (they are SLOWLY be accepted for road bikes due to Cyclecross), and the fantastic air bag suspension, it would be a FAST touring bike with a high load carrying capacity behind the rider.

Can an existing Silvio front forks take the extra load of a disc brake?

Regards

Super Slim

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Any more photos?

I'd love to see the new Silvio built up completely. And some action shots would be great also!

3WHELZ

Guru
New Design

I do like the new design improvements. Has this reduced any of the weight on the front? Like Mark, I would have an interest in upgrading my V1 Silvio when it become available.

kenhardwick

Extra Handlebar Tape ?

John,
I noticed that in your pictures there are two packages of Handlebar tape. Likewise, my Silvio 1.5 Frameset box also included two handlebar tape packages. Nice to get an extra one...but was just wandering if there was a specific reason for this ?

I assembled my frameset then delivered to LBS to get components installed. Looking forward to my first ride. Hopefully soon...
regular_smile.gif

Ken Hardwick
Norman, OK

Ted

@Kenhardwick

Ken, if you didn't when you left your Silvio at your LBS, you might want to show/tell/remind them how you would prefer to have the cables run. Most of the Silvios pictured on this forum are shown with the cables run "streamlined", neat and out of the way. My LBS, for whatever reason(s), has mine "flopping in the wind", so to speak. In fact the front brake cable was actually rubbing on my knee until I was able to reroute it. If it's not too late, maybe show him some of the pictures from this forum.

You're gonna LUV the Silvio :)!

Ted

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Ted, you've just explained

Ted, you've just explained one reason I supply double sets of bar tape. The other reason is the vain desire to build the Silvio into an iconic brand and to have web pictures all with the same bar tape might assist brand recall.

Nanda Holz

Nice work John, as usual!!!

Nice work John, as usual!!! Would love to see a Ducati red with the black accents, or the Sofrider electric blue, pearl white or silver would all look great with the carbon parts and black boom components.

As far a component spec options, I would offer base line SRAM Apex with the mid cage and 11-32T, and a 10spd X7 long cage RD and 11-36T cassette as an available option for those in hilly areas. The SRAM doubletap system is preferable because the smaller shift levers do not swing into the kneebox or the space your knees occupy in the pedaling circle. With Shimano brifters the big brake/shift lever can swing and stab you knee cap if you are not paying attention when shifting, and I think the SRAM system is still lighter and cheaper. The only downside to SRAM doubletap brifters is the lack of handling a front triple for those that need even more lower range. But I think with the newer Silvio hbar, even SRAM TT500/900 bar end shifters could work w/o being too far away from the natural hand position behind the brake levers, and also not interfere with the riders quads during tight turning maneuvers. This would also be the lightest and cheapest road setup, but will have to test the usability first and see what disadvantages are encountered. One other setup I did on a Silvio and absolutely loved was a alloy 3spd bar with X5 gripshifters, flat bar road levers, 11-32T and mtb cranks set. It turned the Silvio into a wide bar high climbing monster with a stellar touring gear range and was very easy for the first Cruzbike customer to adapt to with the extra leverage from the bars. Obviously not the sexiest Silvio setup, but it explores the sport-touring side of the Silvio which should not be ignored.

Love the detachable seat on this new Silvio (2.0??). Is the fork curvier then before? Do the bb clamp work similar to the Vendetta, and will the work with a road triple with a 30T granny.

John, does the rest of your design suite include trickle down boom tech to the Quest, and Sofrider to give a family look? How about a rear disc tab on the Sofrider and available low rider pannier racks system the can boot onto the M5 hard-points on bothe the Sofrider and Quest (and maybe even M5 hard points on the Silvio)?

'John, does the rest of your

'John, does the rest of your design suite include trickle down boom tech to the Quest, and Sofrider to give a family look? How about a rear disc tab on the Sofrider and available low rider pannier racks system the can boot onto the M5 hard-points on bothe the Sofrider and Quest (and maybe even M5 hard points on the Silvio)?'

Having recently riden a Silvio, I see the benefits. Keep the dream alive and the development progresing. You probably have already recognised that many cruzbikers would like to upgrade and improve on what they have. Bring on a curved BB for the quest.

Stu

Hilry

Tilting trike materials

Hey John,

I was thinking of asking if the tilting trike will :-

Have a highish seating position to ride in traffic
Be foldable to transport in a suitcase like the Quest
Weight 20lbs.

On my conversion I have now turned around the seat clamp and made the back more reclined, which has helped with the angle of thigh to back issue for the back problem, and I think with shorter cranks and 26" wheels it would fit quite well for riding now.
I did have another go and got as far as the smile appearing on the face once you set off rolling, and with a bit more practice think I would be able to ride it ok......

.....however, the lifting of my legs to the pedal height places a lot of torque on the back, which I don't think I will be able to overcome. :-(((

It is quite trafficky around here.
Thus my thoughts turned to trikes, where I wouldn't have to keep lifting them up and down so frequently, as I could lift them up one at a time, which is easier and not have to take them down at every stop.

If you can get the stability with a not too low down trike even the 20lbs dream might not be too far away...

http://www.gizmag.com/cnt-composite-carbon-fiber-alternative/24593/

I'll have one when your ready.

Cheers
Hilary

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I must have a sickness...

I've looked at John's photos of the new Silvio enough that I am certain I could assemble it without instructions now.

Charles.Plager

Recumbent Quant
When I was just starting

When I was just starting graduate school, I used to house sit for a couple who had an 11 year old golden retreiver. I had no problem teaching her tricks. Just sayin'.

I'd like to echo the desire

I'd like to echo the desire for a "race" style Sylvio. The extra recline would be great (about 33 degrees sounds good).